Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know where i can get cheap heat resistant wrap online for my AC lines when running turbo?
i would like Good stuff and Cheap -- the all american way

i know summit racing has a tubular stuff that you have to drain your freon, open the bolt by the radiator, slip it on the put everything back together-- anything just as good or better ideas??

thansk

·
Registered
199 Posts
try this site:
Techflex

I've never used their stuff but it looks good. Huge selection of wraps/sleeves for everything from abrasion to fire.

P.S.: If you do try one of their products, please let us know how it is (quality, cost, function, ect). Thanks.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whats thermal wrap and where to get it??
should i use a wrap or a sleeve-- any preference besides not having to drain and refill freon in AC with sleeve--
thanks

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
go to home depot, lowes.. in the insulation section, they sell this insulation tape stuff, it should work for what your trying to do.. It might also be in the duct work section..

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
will that stuff work though-- i thought of that already and took a look at it-- that is more like insulation to maintain heat-- i think it would absorb heat off the exhaust manifold and transfer it to the AC pipes instead of resisting heat--- even though it is an insulator i would think its not truly heat resistant.

correct me if im wrong though--

1 - 7 of 7 Posts