Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
do you have aftermarket cat back exhaust? if so, if you dont already have heat coming from shifter area on the inside then you will after you remove it. Can you try to fix the rattle.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ok I have a 95 GSR, I bought my car and a day later i heard a rattle, it was the heat shield, no biggy, just jack the car up and either cut it off, unscrew....dont know if you can I just had a guy cut it. The only thing it does is provice a heat barrier between grass and other things under your car that could catch on fire. I have had mine off for 1 year and I have been fine parking on lawns etc..

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
you can usually cut it or dremel it to stop from rattling. most of people prefer just removing it altogether. i mean, how often are you going to park on your front lawn anyway?

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have a 2000 gs-R. at about 4k RPM there is a horrible rattle....sounds like a tin can. what might be causing this. it sounds like it comes from the rear passenger area, and will only do it when the car is in motion. could it be the heat sheild?

·
Registered
269 Posts
I just installed a Comptech header and exhaust with a Random Technology high flow cat and it is very "buzzy" when I press the gas a bit more at 3500-4000 RPMs. I believe it might be the heat shield that is bolted to the car above the cat, but I am worried about heat in the cabin if I remove it, so I was thinking that I might be ok if I wrapped the Cat in header thermal wrap and put some thermal reflective tape on the underside of the car in place of the heat sheild. Do ya'll think this will work? TIA

David

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had the same problem, but with the heatshield around my headers. You can remove both heatshields. Just make sure you don't park on grass if you take your cat heat shield off (you don't want a fire to start under you car, do you?).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts