Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 GSR with Comptech catback exhaust, I have a really bad vibration coming from underneath and it only vibrates right at 2500 rpms and up. I was wondering which heat shield it might be? I've already checked the one around the cat, and it's tight. Should I just remove all the other heat shields located above the exhaust piping? I mean those heat shields don't seem to do much anyways, the metal is so thin.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Same thing happened to me after I got my Apex'i ws.

The heat shield was simply bent at the part that rattled.

·
Registered
662 Posts
so your best bet is to remove them...well if you park on long grass then dont but other wise take it off...check if you muffler is rubbing the bottom of your car...

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had a bad rattling sound coming from below my engine. I didn't think it was that bad until one day I was driving and I can hear the metal scraping the ground. I stopped at a gas station and looked under the car and the heat shield from under the hood was dragging. I just grabbed the heat shield and pulled it off. The dealer just told me that as long as I don't park under flammable materials, I'll be okay.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My car make a rattling noise too but only at about 3200-3600 rpms. I'm gonna check my heat shields soon but I hope thats all it is.

·
Registered
431 Posts
this is a common problem whenever you get an aftermarket catback system, mine rattles when i do sharp left turns.

·
Registered
127 Posts
omg there is so many of these posts every day! its actually kind of annoying. Everyone needs to learn how to use the search function.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts