Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a friend of mine did most of the work when i bought headers. When he took off my stock a-pipe, does the heatshield come off with it?

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I don't think so, the header is pretty far from the stereo. Check your cat heatshield, that is more likely.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i've never messed with that component. But the heat is very very noticeable. i feel the heat blowing from under the car from behind the stereo controls where the frame goes through. Also, the e-brake area gets really hot. The only mod I have done to my car is headers and dropped 1.75"

not sure what to do now..

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I know you haven't messed with it, your friend could have. I think it's time to get under the car and take a look around yourself.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Meklar, I have that same heat comin from my Emergency brake also. Why is that?
I removed every heat shield on the car. Could that be it?

·
Registered
457 Posts
no the heat from the E-Brake is normal i have it in my teg and its all stock and in my friends teg he gets it too. the stereo i get that too but its not like a blowing heat its more like a hot to the touch thing with my stock stereo but i think its from playing it for hours lol

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Yup, you lose your header heatshield, unfortunately. You'll experience a lot more underhood heat now. If you have a aluminum intake tube, it'll probably get too hot to touch. I fixed my problem with some PVC elbows that takes air from the airdam and blows it at the intake filter. It helps power a bit on the highway and cools stuff down too.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Yeah, here's pics of the original design... I've since changed it a little, but you get the idea. I'll post pics of the current design and write a little How-To one of these days...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts