Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier this evening, I bodied a deer with the front right of my RS and had to replace some bulbs and such. I had a idea to see if I could modify my headlight assembly or get a plug and play type thing to where your brights were hollowed out to make room for a breather to sit in its place, kinda like the newer Challengers have. I tried google and other search sites, and even my local Auto Zone but nobody could give me an answer. Is there anything like that, or would I have to custom modify my car for this? It's a (stock) 96 Acura Integra RS if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Earlier this evening, I bodied a deer with the front right of my RS and had to replace some bulbs and such. I had a idea to see if I could modify my headlight assembly or get a plug and play type thing to where your brights were hollowed out to make room for a breather to sit in its place, kinda like the newer Challengers have. I tried google and other search sites, and even my local Auto Zone but nobody could give me an answer. Is there anything like that, or would I have to custom modify my car for this? It's a (stock) 96 Acura Integra RS if that makes a difference.
I've seen a few integra drag racing cars with setups similar to what you described, so I don't think it's not possible. I don't think it's gonna be a plug-and-play proposition, though.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I would advise against this idea if you are just daily driving this thing. Don't get me wrong. It looks cool. And can be functional if you put the hole near the air filter. But even though B series engines are 80's tech, they are still way more efficient and produce less heat than a chrysler.

Unless you are turbo or supercharged, it's just cosmetic & you will lose your high beam. And possibly get a "fix-it" ticket.

·
Administrator
4,411 Posts
I would advise against this idea if you are just daily driving this thing. Don't get me wrong. It looks cool. And can be functional if you put the hole near the air filter. But even though B series engines are 80's tech, they are still way more efficient and produce less heat than a chrysler.

Unless you are turbo or supercharged, it's just cosmetic & you will lose your high beam. And possibly get a "fix-it" ticket.
100% agree. There would be very minimal gains (nothing that you'd be able to 'feel'), and you've lost highbeams. To each their own I guess.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You just gotta hack up a stock headlight..Imma have to do this soon, for my turbo inlet... If ur stock it won't do anything really but I guess it would look cool.

I'd suggest going to the junkyard and finding one to cut up and hollow out, especially if somewhere down the road you need to switch it back to the stock one. At the junkyard should be like 20 bucks. Follow me on Instagram I'll be making one soon and making a video on it. @Teggy_h22

1 - 11 of 11 Posts