Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, like a lot of you, I don't think the USDM front end looks amazing, and the JDM front end, at least to me, looks incredible. I love that classic 90's Japanese sports car look. Anyways, I was looking into swaps, only to find they have risen to an insane price. To get the sought-after headlights it runs over $4k USD in most cases. So, I started looking around and saw some people with ek civics doing USDM integra front end swaps. So I started wondering if anyone had done this conversion, it didn't seem like so I'm asking if you guys have seen this swap anywhere? Or any other swaps that somewhat bolt on for g3 integras. I was also thinking maybe I could just put a different pair of headlights on there but I don't think that would work very well based on the design of the fenders and hood. Let me know if you know of any cool swaps, thanks.

· Administrator
4,626 Posts
You can mold a tree trunk to the front of any car if you have the time, money & knowledge.

I'm afraid I'm confused on your statement above of:
"So, I started looking around and saw some people with ek civics doing USDM integra front end swaps. So I started wondering if anyone had done this conversion, it didn't seem like so I'm asking if you guys have seen this swap anywhere?"

Are you asking us if we've seen USDM Integra front swaps on EK civics?

I personally performed the JDM front-end swap approx 10yrs ago on my own vehicle, and I can tell you that's it's not "bolt-on". It requires welding, and proper measuring to align the front with the existing body.

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I meant that I had seen people put integra front ends onto ek civics.
Car Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle

So I was wondering if anyone had put ek civic fronts onto integrals.
And yeah I know it's not "bolt on" but relatively speaking the rad support lines up in the same places, hood, fenders, and lights all bolt right on. Give or take a little cutting and adjustment and the swap is relatively simple compared to, say trying to put an IS300 front end on it.
I was just wondering if there where any more cost effective front end conversions since the JDM one is so expensive.

· Administrator
4,626 Posts
Putting the front end of a Civic on an Integra really isn't "unique". All you're doing is making a car look more like the other 1,000,000 EK civics out on the road.

Cost aside, the reason why people put the JDM Integra on was because it was unique. It was a look that the USA didn't see. It was different. At the end of the day, it's your vehicle. Put whichever front end you want on it. It'll take a ton of modification, body work, and money to do. Just hope the structural rigidity of the vehicle wouldn't be impacted. You don't want to sacrifice safety for aesthetics.

· Registered
46 Posts
So, like a lot of you, I don't think the USDM front end looks amazing, and the JDM front end, at least to me, looks incredible. I love that classic 90's Japanese sports car look. Anyways, I was looking into swaps, only to find they have risen to an insane price. To get the sought-after headlights it runs over $4k USD in most cases. So, I started looking around and saw some people with ek civics doing USDM integra front end swaps. So I started wondering if anyone had done this conversion, it didn't seem like so I'm asking if you guys have seen this swap anywhere? Or any other swaps that somewhat bolt on for g3 integras. I was also thinking maybe I could just put a different pair of headlights on there but I don't think that would work very well based on the design of the fenders and hood. Let me know if you know of any cool swaps, thanks.
Bodykits.com has aftermarket jdm front body panel clones for cheaper than the stuff you see floating around on Marketplace/eBay. I priced it out last week and it's around $1,200 for a set of their fiberglass body panels. Looking now there's aftermarket headlights from visionautoworks.com for $750. I also wonder if old-gen integra headlights couldn't be easily made to fit with the 94+ JDM front. $2k is still a lot of money, and that's not to mention any welding/fabrication/rad support stuff you might need like jjkz24 mentioned. Regardless, I love the look and would jump on it if I had the money to spend

1 - 5 of 5 Posts