Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my I/H/E, I have AEM CAI, Greddy EVO, and DC Sports JDM 4-1 header. What collector is on that header? Can I get a Carsound Cat, with a 2.5 collector for that header?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
the collector size for the dc is 2". and yes you can get a 2.5" inch carsound, but you really do need a bigger header. i know that you are getting up there in hp from previous posts and your hp goals, might be time to look into getting a 2.5" header,cat,and exhaust so each are sized correctly. with as money as you have spent, the exhaust system would be robbing you of some hp which really sucks. btw what size is the greddy evo? 2 3/8?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
first off, a collector is a part of a header where the exhaust gases from all 4 cylinders dump into before they reach the cat. a cat has an inlet and an outlet - no collector.

that being said, with your dc header which has a 2" OD collector, getting a 2.5" ID cat as opposed to a 2.25" ID won't do too much good with your current set up.

you're going from 2" OD header -> 1.8" ID cat -> 60mm OD exhaust right now. even if you get a 2.5" ID cat to replace your stock one, your exhaust system would be hindered by the 2" ID dc sports header and the 60mm OD exhaust you have right now. if you're really set on making a lot of power, you should look into updating your header and exhaust as well.

there was a good thread on 2.5" header and exhaust started by surferX a while back. i believe it was called something like "for real power, 2.5 inch exhaust." or something along that line. run a search and read up.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
The only 2.5" cat-back exhaust systems that I am aware of are:

SMSP
Hytech
T1R
Kakimoto
Kteller

I can't remember if Hytech and SMSP are 2.5" on the ID or the OD. The T1R is 2.5" on the OD. The Kakimoto is 70mm on the OD, which translates to roughly 2.77" on the OD. Kteller's cat-back systems are 2.5" on the OD.

hth

1 - 8 of 8 Posts