Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read all the articles and searched the forums and decided on the header design I want, but I can't figure out which headers have the aspects I'm looking for. Most import retailers online just say "great low end power...smooth race look...etc" I'm trying to find 4-1 or 4-2-1 hybrid, ceramic coated headers w/ short primaries for an eventual SC setup. Any suggestions on which one's I should be looking at?

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
If you want hybrid, the only two companies (that I know of that make hybrid headers) are SMSP and Hytech. From what I understand, you will contact them and give them your setup and power goals and they design the header to meet those needs. They are head and shoulders above the "cookie-cutter" manufacturers but are also very expensive. In most cases nearly double the price of your typical DC, apex, greddy, comptech, etc. design.

I think Hytech offers a ceramic coating for aesthetic purposes.

btw: most import retailers do not carry true hybrid headers.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, maybe not hybrid...I mean...they would be nice but I'm on a budget like most people. I'm looking towards the DC Sports 4-1 "JDM" with the 2.5" collector. But I'm not sure if they are good for SC. I can't find anything on whether they're stepped or one diameter, short or long primaries, etc.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
If you're on a budget, then hytech and smsp or hybrid headers for that matter are out of the questions.

DC sports jdm 4-1 have long primaries w/ a single diameter.

If you're going to boost. I beleive that Kamikazee makes a 4-1 header that has the collector in the stock location w/ stepped primaries. Unfortunately I don't know the measurement specs off hand.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yeh, what MD said but get the ceramic coated one and not the chromed one.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a lot guys, I hadn't come across the Kamikazee at all in my search for options. BlackGSR must have come across this thread and has the Kamikazee 4-1 header he's selling. Much more than I expected when I posted this thread...man I love this site!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts