Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
97 gsr)
Im following the header removal artical on ti and i took the botttom part of the header out and took out the 8 bolts on the top of the header out. The header is stuck on the top looks like its from the severe heat and wont come out. how do i go about taking the top of the header out (header to the block).
thnx alot

·
Registered
801 Posts
So its "stuck" to the block. If thats the problem, take a rag and put it on your header so you don't scratch it, and then take a prybar to it and it should lossen up and come off. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
When I took out my header, it wasn't exactly what the article was. There are like 3+ more bolts that the article didn't talk about. If I remember correctly, there was another bolt on the bottomside of the top of the header. You have to get underneath your car to see it. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok the header is no longer stuck on the top but it only goes a little of of the 2 bolts coming out of the block.

Also it s disconnected from the cat converter but it still wont budge move or come out any tips thnx

·
Registered
801 Posts
Is it hitting on your fans at all? I had trouble with that when I was taking out my DC sports. Also, there might be a bracket connecting the block and the headers toward the middle of the header, near where the down pipe bolts up. Good luck.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I know on a civic I was just working on that there was. I'm not sure if there is on the GSR, cause I baught my car with DC sports already on it, so I wouldn't be able to tell you if the stock has the bracket, but I assume that there would be.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.