Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Acura Integra GS DB B18A1
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start this off I know im gonna get railed for not reading previous threads, I'm new to the forum and still learning how to operate it. My apologies but have at it vets.

So prior to purchasing my headers I was doing some research on what type of headers will fit. I think I misunderstood the information put forward.
I own a 98 integra b18a1 gs sedan and purchased this DNA headers J2 94-01 Acura Integra GSR / Type-R 1.8L B18 Tri-Y Racing Header Exhaust Manifold from Pro Tuning Lab J2 94-01 Acura Integra GSR / Type-R 1.8L B18 Tri-Y Racing Header Exhaust Manifold
Basically these headers are longer than my stock ones, not what I was wanting and taller like im gonna have clearance issues when driving. So what im wondering is what type and length will be a direct fit for my b18a1 with the closest length and hight to oem. Eventually I want to change the whole catback but this is just a cheap budget build which is why I went with DNA not skunk2 or greddy, I mean it's a non-v so...

if you can tell from the picture, all the dimensions of the aftermarket Headers are bigger than oem, length, hight (in comparison to the box), and length of the top bend is further back towards the fan as well. I measured the bolt holes to the engine and those are same size so I know it'll fit. I'm considering sending it back cause of clearance, I don't want to be dragging new headers all over the highway but on my next attempt I want something that fits like oem with the aftermarket performance.

Help, questions, comments, criticism is much appreciated.

·
Administrator
4,306 Posts
So what im wondering is what type and length will be a direct fit for my b18a1 with the closest length and hight to oem.
The answer to this is quite easy. Find a header meant for your year/trim. Basically, any header meant for a 94-01 non-vtec engine will fit your vehicle. Seems like you chose the wrong header with your original purchase (one meant for a GSR).

The GSR headers have a completely different length on the A-pipe portion leading to the catalytic converter for 94-99 GSR's. This length was the same, however, for non-vtec 94-01 models, and 00-01 GSR's.

·
Registered
1998 Acura Integra GS DB B18A1
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya that seems like the obvious thing to do. I guess trying to verify this on the forums led me to an over abundance of info that had me stray away from the basics, things like certain year civic coups fit, all models are interchangeable except certain gsr years and... idk, not to mention the market is full of GSR and Type R headers and catbacks.
Regardless, thanks for the speedy reply... lesson learned start with the basics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts