Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing my new DC Sport 4-1 header this weekend. Is there any additional servicing I should consider after installing the header? Valve adjustment or anything?

I am new to the do-it-yourself game, so advice is appreciated, even if I haven't asked, is there anything you would definently do after a header install?

Phil

·
Registered
743 Posts
after your test drive and the mandatory crusing around showing everybody your new mod, re-tighted all the bolts. After about a week, do it again.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
I would get new gaskets

While your old ones might still be ok, as long as you have your header off you might as well replace them since it would be a PITA to do it later.

Also get replacement spring loaded bolts for the cat, as the old ones often need to be cut off even on newer models. Don't forget to soak all the nuts/bolts on penatrating spray the night before.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My friend has one of his studs borken when he did the header. How would he fix it. It broke off right inside the hole. Is this bad for the car? Its one of the studs on the very side

·
Registered
865 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me. I'm hoping the rest come of without a problem by soaking them in penetrating spray or liquid wrench as StyleTeg said. once the header is off I'm going to see if I can get the broken stud out with a pair of vice grips. Any better ideas guys?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Sorry, guess that was off of the origional topic. I wouldn't think there would be any maintenance required once your new header is on there. I'd think once you retorque the bolts to specs you'd be good to go.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I installed the Header, and reinstalled my CAI today...

I replaced all gaskets during the process. I experienced no difficulties.

I love the way the car is running now... It is a totally reinvented animal.

Thanks for all the replys.

Phil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts