Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first anyone know any sites that show / describe how to install heades on a g3 teg? anyways i got my 4-2-1 header and i not really sure how to isntall them. i installed my cat back last fri and its leaking cause the screws on thecat are very rusty so i bought a new cat a high flow anyways iwanna put my header in today and retighten the exhaust. do i have to use the springs looaded screws for exhaust? also what size are the cat nuts? please help thanks
david

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
one piece or two piece? i'm going to assume its a one piece cuz mine was.

you take out the stock manifold - and you can clearly see what bolts have to be removed. HOLD oNTO THE HEADER BOLTS!! To get the header in (in my case) i just had to manuever the primaries between the block/tranny and radiator fans - from under the car. You'll eventually get it in place. GET A FRIEND! while you push the header up to the ports, a friend has to push it onto the block studs. You'll probably have to push your exhaust back to get the collector in place with the cat's flange. once in position - take a shop manual and tighten the header bolts you kept in the sequence they say and torque spec. I don't know off the top of my head, sorry. once done, tighten the flange bolts at the collector - MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A SEAL on the collector pipe and it's snug against the cat's flange. Tighten those bolts. Check the header bolts again and tighten in sequence...drive, come back and tighten again.

Don't forget the O2 sensor too! on the cat i would recommend the spring-screws, but i didn't use them - just some long bolts and lots of tightening. You can find out the size of the nuts on the cat on your own.......

·
Registered
865 Posts
Cat Nuts...OMG...that got me too Juiced!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
So how did it go?? Did you install it? I helped th eguy ouyt last night and explained everything to him on instant messanger. I think he got it!! So did you get it in?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts