Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive read all the articles i could find on installing my own headers, and from what i understand the self-locking bolt holding the spring and the stock header to the cat shouldnt come off too easy, (i already experienced how difficult it was) my question is if i use a hacksaw to take the bolts off, how easy is it going to be to find a replacement for them? I found some at home depot but they're smaller than the holes on my new headers (dc 4-2-1), but seem to be the same size as the ones on the stock fitting (1/4" diam., 3" long) and also would the head size of the bolt matter?

·
Registered
685 Posts
they should do just fine...if it really bothers you then go to the dealership and get some replacement bolts and nuts...but it doesn't really matter...as long as they hold everything together nice and tightly...I have had to use non honda/acura bolts for an exhaust, haha...

use what you have! it will work out fine...just make sure the bolts are tight so you have a good seal!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey... im dealing with this right now too.
I installed my dc sports header this weekend, surprisingly the spring bolts came off pretty easy, just used a 2 foot breaker bar, and I dont think theyve been touched since '94.
Just for the hell of it I priced new ones at the dealer while I was buying a new header gasket and cat to secondary gasket (mine was virtually non-existant).
Acura dealer cost on 2 new springs and 2 new bolts... $35.
Screw that !

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea i got it installed, but instead i ended up goin to the dealer, getting the bolts/springs, new donut, and head gasket for like 45 or somthing. everything worked out fine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts