Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bad exhaust rattle around 3200 rpm on my GSR and the dealership told me it was the famous a-pipe problem so im just going to put headers on it to fix the problem. I have a aem CAI and rs*r axle back exhaust. My question is will the headers make any difference without having a catback exhaust system and could i possibly hurt something by not having a catback by resticting air flow? Also having a high reving gs-r would i be better to go with 4-1 or would you reccomend 4-2-1 since i already have power at high rpm?
thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the rattle too. It is from around 3 and goes away at 4 then it stops right? But as far as the headers go. Its all preference. If you want it all to be high end then get the 4-1. If you want mid and high end get 4-2-1. I am getting the 4-2-1 just so that my car gets to the Vtec quicker.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
it can't be the header. my friend has a gsr, too and even w/ a DC header it still has that "humming" at 3k. i too have that "Humming" on my 96 gsr, but i don't mind it at all. i actually like the soundnote it produces. i think it's more the heatshields on the cat. but, hey after you get the header let me know if it still makes the sound.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Check the heat shield around the cat. I had an anoying rattling noise and it was coming from the cover of my cat. Simple fix- remove your cat!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts