Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody. I have a 2000 gsr and was wondering what's the best header/exhaust combo to use. I don't plan on going fi and will probably mainly just do some n/a mods. Not sure yet as to how much power I want to put to the wheels in the long run but I know it probably won't be anything over 200 or so. The exhaust I'm most likely going to get is the apex N1 and was wondering which header will work best with it, maybe a dc jdm 4-1? Also, I'll probably get a hi-flow cat or remove it all together, what size test pipe or cat should i go for, 2.25" or 2.5"? I want most my power to be in the upper rpm's as long as I don't need to sacrifice large amounts of my low end. Thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
14,185 Posts
check the articles they have some really good info on all that you asked about

click me

·
Registered
382 Posts
DC Sports or Comptech 4-2-1 SS Headers with a 2" OD Collector

Cat should be 2.25" ID

Apex N1 is 60mm OD (2.3640" OD)

thank you dragontegz & MD & everyone else who helped me with this question before...lol it was a tough one but I've learned
what you should ask for when you order them:
2" OD collector -> 2.25" ID cat -> 60 mm OD exhaust

what it means and what really counts (ID):
1.8" ID collector -> 2.25" ID cat -> 2.25" ID exhaust

I am recommending the right setup for a NA all bolt on motor right?

·
Registered
321 Posts
i thought the n1 was a 2.5 inch diameter or can you order a certain pipe size with the exhaust, if not what are some exhausts with 2.5 inch piping?

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
knightridergsr on Aug/10/02 said:
i thought the n1 was a 2.5 inch diameter or can you order a certain pipe size with the exhaust, if not what are some exhausts with 2.5 inch piping?
They are 60mm (2.36") OD like mentioned before. If you are looking for 2.5" OD then look to SMSP, HyTech, Type one, and the new Spoon exhaust. There may be some other new ones that I don't know about as well.

The Type one and Spoon from what I've seen both have bottlenecks that need to be chopped off. HyTech and SMSP's catbacks have no bottlenecks and are my personal favorites in that niche. Check this thread for a big discussion on this particular subject.

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=10&TopicID=484

1 - 9 of 9 Posts