Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so on sunday i put in the DC 421 header, and it all went fine. i didnt get the bracket in which goes in between the o2 sensor and the 3 bolt downpipe flange. but, i went to go work on that just now and noticed that my whole catback exhaust assembly has moved about 2 inches to the left, (if u look at the car from the front) was this supposed to happen??? i am puzzled, because i drove my car to school today and my huge Tsudo muffler hits my bumper now, and it never used too... please help. thx Kevin

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
any one know y this happened, i have to get my car together tonite, and need the help. another thing is that one of the bolts on the exhaust manifold flange went in crooked alos, i dont know if i got a bad DC header kit, cuz i thought it would go on cleaner.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Why didnt you get the header bracket on, that might be the reason. Putting that bracket on keeps you header's collecter at the stock position.

You can get it on by unbolting the header from the head and making sure that you slide the bolts in the bracket at the bottom of the header before you bolt it to the head.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, i did that at first on sunday, but when everything was tightened, when u looked under the car, the whole exhaust was bent up from the bracket being on. i dont know what happened to make that bracket not fit... i am pissed at it and cant get the bracket to fit without bending. also, with the bracket on, it still is bent to the left.

·
Registered
523 Posts
It should, other than the bracket that holds the stock upper manifold to the block, which is not used on an aftermarket header.

·
Registered
283 Posts
how bout this. Loosen the new header enough to get as much play action as possible w/o taking off the nuts from the head studs. Then bolt everything up with the bracket and all or at the least how you want your exhaust to be in general then tighten. That might do the trick.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Have you made sure the part #'s match on the header and the header that is supposed to fit???

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Was the box already opened when you got it?

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Then you got the right piece. Is it a two piece?

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i think that i might take it up to the shop and have the guy look at it, i dont knwp y it is sooo gay, and it is pissing me off

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Loosen up ALL the header bolts, hook up the cat and piping and then tighten up all the header bolts.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well, i did that twice earlier and it was the same. i dont know what to do, i think i will just take it back to the shop tomorrow, it runs, but i hate when my car doesnt have everyhting hooked up right

1 - 19 of 19 Posts