Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows it going everybody? I'm not new to the Integra world iv'e had mine for almost 2 years now but im not really a car wizz, or at all really :p

Alright so i've been looking at the threads and ive read that a header with a 4-1 gives more power throughout the higher rps, i went down to autozone and decided that im going to get a DC sports 4-1 1 peice stainless steel header, about aroudn $550, im sure you can get it cheaper but seeing as how i have no actual address i cant really have it sent to me.

what im looking for is more hp in the higher rps so thats why i choose it, now for the exhaust im also looking at getting a dc sports, i decided to replace the entire system, but im a little confused, with the pipe being bigger 2" or 2.25" will i have to get a specific header to match that, and cat as well?

sorry for knowing nothing but ive never worked on a car, changed oil put a short shifter and put in my system thats about it :( i love cars and just wanna work on them.. but also i dont wanna put this in and screw it up, i might just have someone install it for me.

(the reason i dont have an address is im a Marine and i live in the barracks and i didnt really get a place to have mail sent :p i have some pictures of the car as soon as figure out how to post them, im just super tired and probably rambling

well thanks in advance

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
You need to design a system that works together, which is discussed in the exhaust articles and the pinned topics in the Performance forum.

Basically the system needs to have the same size from the header all the way back, but stepping up slightly is okay.

Okay:
2.0 header, 2.0 cat, 2.0 exhaust
2.0 header, 2.25 cat, 2.25 exhaust
2.0 header, 2.0 cat, 2.36 exhaust
etc

Bad:
2.5 header, 2.0 cat, 2.5 exhaust
2.5 header, 2.25 cat, 2.25 exhaust

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
yeah, it would be better to just get the 2.25" that would be plenty of free flowing, you should get 2.25" exhaust and match it up with everything else. If you can't then there's always little shortcuts but i would try to match it up.
Good luck with the Integra buddy.

PS: I'll try and find a link to the article about how to post pics then i'll pm you it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
you can grab the book how to build honda horse power it showes tons of dyno graphs b16 and 18s responded best to apexi header for the itr. for mild bolt ons 2.25 in cat back is fine

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
you can do it yourself...just spray the crap out of the bolts with PB blaster like 2 days leading up to when you do it....the biggest risk if you break a bolt off like i did...after that i just hit up my buddy at acura and had him do it so he could drill out the bolt i broke off

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
vtecbanger on Sep/29/07 said:
you can grab the book how to build honda horse power it showes tons of dyno graphs b16 and 18s responded best to apexi header for the itr. for mild bolt ons 2.25 in cat back is fine

Those books are such a ****ing joke, there's just a big advertisement for companies like DC Sports and Apexi.

I think you'll find our articles teach the fundamentals of engine packaging and tuning, and ignore brand names (unlike those books). Blindly buying into a brand just gets you a [slow] rolling advertisement.

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
What we stress here at TI is that the name on a part really doesn't mean anything. DC, Comptech, Apexi, Mugen....it's just a name. Evaluate the parts based on their specifications, not who makes it.

Otherwise you just find yourself being a sucker to a company's marketing department.

All this is discussed in the topics in our Performance forum, and the massive article section. I think everyone could stand to do a bit of reading.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.