Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i searched but didnt find any problems like mine.

Well today i was checking a stereo i found in the garage...so i took out my stereo and tested the one i found...i hooked up the ground,then power then the attena. But then i accidently hit the ground with the power wire. Causing a spark, i stoped and reconected my headunit and then it wouldnt work. So then i checked my fuses and non are blown. My clock still works fine. But my head unit wont get any power, i checked the power wire with a tester and no power. what could be the problem? i know its not my head unit because it wasnt the one i used when touchin the wires. Thanks for the help in advanced.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Alright, the first thing I would tell you is make sure you not only check the fuses under the steering column, but also the ones next to the battery in the engine bay. I had this problem, but my clock went dead when it happened to me. I found the dead fuse in the fuse box by the battery. I replaced it and everything worked great after that. Also, make sure you check any fuses on the headunit itself. If its aftermarket it should have at least one. Thats about all I can think of. If you still have a problem, you may have to run a seperate power wire to the head-unit until you can figure out what is wrong. good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.