Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here's the scenario. i got done swapping in a b18c1 about 2 weeks ago and since then i haven't been able to get spark. the motor turns and it gets fuel. i've narrowed it down to my dizzy and i've tried numerous things:
-swapped out coil
-swapped out ignitor
-checked all my grounds
-checked all my fuses
-swapped out for another ignitor
-made sure all grounds are metal to metal
-installed msd sci w/ ss blaster
-checked my spark plug wires
-checked cap and rotor

---only thing i haven't done yet is completely swap out the dizzy for a totally different one. seemed like i wouldn't have to just as long as the coil and ignitor was swapped instead.

---maybe my dizzy is shot, but i didn't installed the msd correctly. heres what i basically did:

-big red wire to + terminal on battery
-big black wire to - terminal on battery
-orange wire to SS blaster
-black wire to SS blaster
-red wire to + terminal on coil
-white wire to - terminal on coil

i thought for sure my car would start up after i installed the msd, but still same thing. as of right now i am complete stumped. if anyone has an idea for me to try and it works i'll paypal you $20. having no car for the last 2 weeks sucks and i'm getting pretty desperate

- $20 to person who helps me solve my problem

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
Man if you got a "dizzy" in your car, you got bigger problems (or issues). I'll give $10 to the first person who can tell me what the hell a "dizzy" is.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
if everything worked before the swap, then that means the distributor should be good. something isnt connected right. it wouldnt makes sense that the distrubutor breaks just because you put the engine into another car.

·
Registered
354 Posts
what was the original motor bro was it another b18c1 or was it an ls motor? Who did the swap... DO YOU HAVE A SERVICE MANUAL... They allways have a trouble shooting section and and a series of checks... Believe it or not if your run all the checks (IT IS TEDIOUS WORK oN IGNITIoN) you will most likley know what is not happening (besides no spark)

·
Registered
354 Posts
oh also dont laugh but here is a super strong super funny screw up I have seen 2 TIMES...

THE BOLTS FOR YOUR GROUNDS HAVE TO BE THE SHINNY GOLDISH COLORED BOLTS NOT FENDER BOLTS AND FENDER WASHERS... And I dont want to here anyone say otherwise. So double check your grounds if the motor dosnt turn over easily... if the motor turns over easily then you should have a good ground.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.