Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I decided I hated my old crappy alarm so e-bay brought me this today

For those of you who might not know it's a FM paging 2 way with remote start. Now I installed my previous alarm which had ~ 6 wires which needed to be hooked up. This I'm counting 20+, aswell as a fuel cut relay, and a headlight output relay. I'm not questioning my electrical ability (yet), just wondering if anyone has installed one of this size before. I'll let you know how long it takes to do.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Not something i'd attempt...but good luck none the less!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Audiovox has decent instructions. Sometimes they seem a little dumbed down acutally. I think I might start on it tonight, then continue later on. I'de say it'll probably take 5 hours total (but I do know where all the wires are) maybe less.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Not sure if this applies, but I went looking at alarms at Best Buy, and they said that for simpler alarms, something like $80 worth of EXTRA parts were needed to make it work. So I might check into that, to see if yours needs it. Good luck with the install

·
Registered
35 Posts
In a '94 you probably dont have a transponder in your key, but if you do you will need a 555U (DEI Part #) or equivalant to be able to auto start. I installed vipers for 5 years. Your car will not be that bad, everything is in the iginition harness or in the kick panel.Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Just take the instructions one step at a time. Have somebody there to read it to you while you are working on the car also. I installed my remote starter with all the bells and whistles. It took me and my dad about 4 hours, but it was worth it. Just take it slow and do it right.

·
Registered
285 Posts
hey on remote start for a standard,what is it you lose?
if anything? like cruise or somethin? i dunno just something i heard once. is it true.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The extras they were refering to were probably just relays. I am lucky because I chose audiovox they have several built in relays, and they give you fuses! I do have to buy my own for the fuel cut, and headlight operation. They're I think 4 dollars at Radio shack. Other than that everything is included.

I just spent an hour installing the antenna, shock sensor, and harness for remote start. That leaves 13 more and I'm ready to roll.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As far as the remote start on a 5speed....I dont think you loose anything. It takes some bypassing just to get it to work, and just remember not to leave your car in gear! I'll figure out which output wire to do what with.

AAAAHHHH I just had a bad though. Besides tricking the ECU to thinking the clutch is in......DOES the clutch have to be in to start??? I really have no idea (I've heard of 5speed remote starts before though)

·
Registered
35 Posts
my buddy put my alarm in. the python 2way fm alarm it has remote start,he built a remote starter kill switch thing so it wont start if its in any gear, tilt sensor,proximity sensor, starter kill, head lights flash, doors lock, i can turn my radio on with it,i can roll down my windows including sun roof, when i arm the alarm the windows roll up, mercury hood switch, and trunk switch. the remote starter kill switch look pretty easy to build. if i get bored this weekend and you guys want to see what it looks like maybe ill take my console apart and take a pic to show you.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
well i can help a little in this arena....if you are familiar with the Cillford RSX 3.5, it is basically the most complicated alarm/remote start on the market to install when you hook every option up, and also add to it. I did that, i\I hooked everything up except for the defroster output on the alarm, I also added a proximity sensor and a sunroof module, as well as a two relays for the domelight supervision and the trunk release solenoid - which I added as well. The entire prcess took me a while, it was my FIRST install ever, and thus I didnt know any shortcuts or where certain wired were and such, and I also blew the IGNITIoN fo\use twice by grounding a tool i was using to the frame, which added a few hours to the process. Total it took over 20 hours, probably 25-30ish for all aspects of my security, including a fuel cutoff and the trunk release solenoid. It certainly wasnt impossible, and now my car is automated as hell which is awesome, I have two-way control form a 1/4 mile away, I can remote start, roll down the windows, and check on the status of my car all from my LCD remote, its great, and was worth the money and time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.