Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 GSR with 4-1 DC Headers, Tanabe RM Exhaust, Test Pipe, AEM CAI, and an AEM pulley kit. I am a little confused about where to go from here. I want to go N/A and have some really kick butt power but where should I start? I have read several articals and forums and I am torn in many directions about what I should upgrade next. I really need help here guys/gals so any responce would be appriciated. Thanks

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Why do you have a test pipe??

·
Registered
258 Posts
intake manifold, cams+ cam gears, port n polish, valvletrain

or you can save your money and get kick in the ass power with some NAWWWWWWWWWWWWSSS, you know one of the big bottles no wait make it two oh and lazygsr you need them by tonight

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't really know to be honest. It came with the exhaust and opened up the 2.25 inch opening to a 2.5 to match headers and exhaust for no bottle necks in the exhaust system.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Time to start building the engine. You could start with Intake Manifold, Cams, Cam gears, valvetrain, and ECU tuning (This could be a V-AFC or even more effective, a Hondata or Toda computer).

I have seen many N/A tegs take out a lot of competition, even FI applications of the same car with a lot of tuning and more care. But, when you go the N/A route, remember that you will dip into your pocket a bit more than you think.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Which type of cams should I go with? Crane, Crower, ITR, Skunk2. Also, is a JG EDELBROCK intake manifold a good choice? I haven't really heard anything about them.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have been thinking about a clutch/flywheel upgrade. A Clutch Masters Stage 2 or 3 and an Unorthodox Racing 8 lb. flywheel. Good or Bad choices?

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
I agree with soulchild, what is your final power goal?

Do you care about idle quality? are you comfortable doing internal modifications? are you concentrating on drag strip performance, or daily driving?

·
Registered
444 Posts
anyone have the jet computer upgrade??????????? help!!!!!!

im thinking about getting it done, but trying to find out if it is really worth it! anyone have it done? what type of power do you think it would give with my mods i have? (aem cai, tenabe hyper medallion catback, nology hotwires, neuspeed n2 header, 96 ls motor has 34,000 miles)

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
MASSIVE, read the article about aftermarket chips in the articles section. It will tell you exactly why one-size-fits-all chips like JET will provide little to no gains, and even reduce performance in some situations.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My plans are actually to start building my GSR and eventually buy a type-r for daily driving and have the gsr to race. I want mostly high end power b/c of the v-tec and I plan on buying cams,cam gears,retainers, and a ECU all at the same time and get them put in or do it myself. Just need time and I leave for ollege in 3 days. What do you mean by idle problems? Just would like some input b/c I am not all knowing about engine work but I am doing some reading and starting to understand more about it.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
lazygsr on Aug/05/02 said:
What do you mean by idle problems? Just would like some input b/c I am not all knowing about engine work but I am doing some reading and starting to understand more about it.
In the articles section there is an excellent write up on cams. Check it out to find out what type of cam fits your expectations. There is no "correct answer" until you tell us your power goals, desired powerband location, etc.

In a nutshell, cams cause lumpy idle because their profiles are too wild (read: too aggresive) for your current engine setup.

If I were you, I would do some EXTENSIVE research before dropping $900+ on a set of cams, gears, springs, retainers. Just a few days ago a vtec guy like yourself posted a dyno sheet of how he had some very impressive top end gains from his new set of cams. Unfortunately he sacrificied his entire bottom, mid, and upper mid range so he could have wicked power for the last 1,000 rpms of his rev range. Needless to say he wasn't a happy camper when he found out that he would have to buy a completely new set up cams to give him any type of whp gain that would be useable.

Click here to learn about cams and save yourself $$$

1 - 20 of 30 Posts