Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PLEASE READ THE WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING.

how come every person that post a car with body kit, white rims, clear corners etc.. gets hated on. heres the usual posts after. you should have all amber corners and gunmetel/bronze/black rims. lose the wing. get a itr wing. i wouldnt do that to my car.

yes i agree you wouldnt do that to your car. but that isnt your car. i think that people should support everyone on here for watever tastes they might have. ive seen alot of this going on lately. lets say that every "riced out" teg owners listened to people on here and went "jdm" we'd all have the same exact looking cars. just like everyone has their own personalities and uniqueness to themselves it will be the same with cars.

arent you guys on here for alot of the same reasons. your on here because you love integras and want to learn more about it and share information with others that have the same love as you.

all im saying is i think we all should be more positive and support eachother more. we're all getting crap from cops, camaro/mustang watever drivers. you guys can say watever you want about me it doesnt bother me so lets keep the flaming to ourselves here.

so my question is.. why? why are you doing this to others people work.

·
Registered
40 Posts
They post their pictures asking for the opinions of others, and since the majority of the people that post their opinions happen to like all amber corners and gunmetel/bronze/black rims and itr wings that is what most of the postings say. They aren't telling the person that their car sucks because it isn't the same as the theirs.

·
Registered
402 Posts
to answer your question, sometimes when people post their cars they ask for others opinions and when they do get those outside opinions they arent what they're looking for so they get upset. or alternatively, people refrain from posting their opinions or just post a "well, that isnt my taste, but good work" type post. you've got to remember that unique personalities go along with all our unique cars. we wont all respond to your posts the same way, and if we did we'd lose someting that is a part of being human. we have posting guidelines, sure, but that wont solve everything. if you read something on the boards that you dont appreciate, then report it, or treat it as if you heard it in real life and deal with it.

i understand what you're talking about, but its like posting a "lets everyone drive the speed limit" thread. do you really think its going to convince everyone to stop driving fast?

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Because 99% of the people posting pics of their tegs say "What do you guys think?" And clearly, thats what people think.

·
Registered
706 Posts
It is really sad the you guys have to beat around the bush about a straight answer. I totally agree Vi3tboy. People on here bash a guy or girl severly if they have anything other than what they prefer on a car. I mean every time that i see a post and a guys has a wing that isn't stock or and ITR clone they hate on it. If a guy chooses to go with clear instead of amber turn signals they hate on that too. I mean c'mon guys we are all inthusiasts here we all share the same passion for cars and we love this hobbie or to some like my self a life style. In reality we need to tell a person who has put time and THEIR on money into a car for what they want and not what everyone else wants some credit. I mean sure you tell them nice ride but then there is that but or you need to remove this and turn everything abck to stock, y. there is noo need for that just give them incouragment and let it go and if you like it a nother way then thats fine but don't hate on another guys car because its something that you don't like.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
I don't think all of it is "hating". Sure some of it is, but mostly (when the discussion is mature) it is just critiquing.

When posting your car in the "Your Integra" section, one should be prepared for some sort of critique. Why else would you post in this forum? I mean, this is a discussion board, right? Usually when the person posts they state, "So, what do you think of my ride?" Well, people are being honest and giving their opinions. Simple as that.

Vi3tBoY on Feb/16/04 said:
heres the usual posts after. you should have all amber corners and gunmetel/bronze/black rims. lose the wing. get a itr wing.
That just happens to be the current trend. What more can you say about it, really? Look back in the 70s, 80s, and 90s, every decade had a distinct fasion trend. Well for japanese imports, the current trend of 2000 is JDM.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
when people ask for opinions of their car, no one is going to sit there and lie and say they like everything about it if they dont..everyone has their own opinions, which is why not every car on here looks exactly the same. If everyone had the same taste/opinions, our cars would be boring and look alike. I mean, last time i posted pix of my teg everyone said it was a 4x4, but i didnt get upset, cuz it comes with the territory, i asked for opinions so i got em.

*~*Ash*~*

·
Registered
706 Posts
devilkasyua on Feb/16/04 said:
well this topic IMO is riced out as well.
Its guys like you that get things locked or started in the wrong way we are trying to have a decent mature discssion here and you have to say something like that.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I understand what you are saying however like most of the posts here say MOST of the time these people ask what do you think of my car.... you are leaving yourself open for whatever answer comes with it. If we LIE and tell you we love everything then we are not being true to you or ourselves. You have to understand there will be people in this world that dont agree with you. I have had cars before that some people did not like but I figure if they dont like it then dont look at it. Sometimes people here do go a little overboard, and could maybe saying things a little nicer about the situation, but then again we are all unique people, with one thing in common we love our Tegs!!! There alot of other forums out there I invite you to check some out believe me this is the nicest, cleanest forum I have ever been to NO BS just straight to the point opions and advise.

Peace Michele

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
They ask for comment...I reply with my honest opinion. I always think that if you put a lot of time and effort into making your ride "clean" (as in being clean and no half-a*** work) then I give them lots of credits for fixing up their car.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I agree with everyone that says,
"it asks for opinions so they are given."

on the other hand:

I agree with v13tBoY if the post starter says,

"hey guys i just finished working on my car and here is how it looks..."

then people should just say, looks good and not criticize or not answer the post at all. When they do, that is hating

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
dana, your fighting a losing battle, like everyone else is saying. when you post your pics and ask "what do you guys think" they are asking for the truth. sure, someone of us can be a prick but thats part of what you get for asking for opinons. why does so many people like the oem look? because a nice clean teg NEVER goes out of style. i personally would not like to look like 60% of the guys at a TI meet, but some of us feel they need to be accepted by doing what everyone says to do. some people cant take the criticizing,so they do what everyone is doing, to fit in. people tend to bash a certain style because they see it as a trend that has just pasted. they forget that in the end we are all connected as Proud Integra owners.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I used to be really "hateful" towards people with HUGE wings, and nasty body kits. But then i realized that its not my car, and whatever they want to do to it is their right. Some people haven't figured that out yet.

Im sure once i get my car painted there will be people who hate it..but thats them..and Im me...

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
devilkasyua on Feb/16/04 said:
well this topic IMO is riced out as well.
agreed, everything on every honda site is riced out, everyones car here is a rice burner. you all just need to chill and do what you want.

·
Registered
95 Posts
all I can say is if you think that this site is bad for "flaming" check out some other honda/acura forums. If I post asking what people think, I am asking for both positive and negative feedback. I don't think it is the people posting negatively to these "what do you think" posts is the problem. I think it is the people who are asking for opinions, and in turn getting negative feedback and then being overtly sensitive to the opinions that they recieved is the problem.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I don't look at it as "hating" anymore. its all critiquing. In some ways it will help out. I do understand that some comments can hurt. When it comes my turn to comment on anything I take a second to think hmmm how much time and effort did this person put into it. Even ricing out ur car costs money too. hehehe. Again, to each his own. But if all comments are welcome then thats what you're going to get.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
midwesta on Feb/16/04 said:
Quote: devilkasyua on Feb/16/04well this topic IMO is riced out as well. agreed, everything on every honda site is riced out, everyones car here is a rice burner. you all just need to chill and do what you want.
thats one other thing all imports need to realize too. i dont understand how some teg owners can call another teg owner a "riceboy". HELLO, to the domestics, WE ARE ALL RICE, PERIOD! i dont care if your car is stock,clean or 9ft spoiler, to them we are all rice, like it or not its the truth. take your nice clean teg to a hick town drag strip and see what name everyone is yelling at you. and if you pull a 11sec et, they'll call you "fast riceboy".

1 - 20 of 74 Posts