Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 98 hatch and to open it i have to turn my car off and use the key because that little lever, i don know what its called, to open is broken. what is it called? what could be wrong? i have a helms on my pc but cant find the part.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Dude, I got the same problem, I even took out the little motor for it and still couldn't figure it out, I just use my key

·
Registered
220 Posts
Ditto. I closed my hatch with the cargo cover up and Blammo! No worky no more. It's the key for me too.

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
BlownGSR on Sep/09/05 said:
Ditto. I closed my hatch with the cargo cover up and Blammo! No worky no more. It's the key for me too.
that blows....ive done that a few times but i have a 96 and the hatch latches were changed in 98 so *shrugs*

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
Jake1220 on Sep/09/05 said:
Dude, I got the same problem, I even took out the little motor for it and still couldn't figure it out, I just use my key

same here bro, i took apart the black thing with all the gears inside, i didn't know what was wrong but i knew it was that thing because the blue piece is slipping but i can't figure out how it works.

If you want more info on the topic, search actuator, the ones dealing with trunks/hatches are the ones with info.

wait, is your lever broke or the actuator, on mine the handle when pulled, makes the actuator whirrrrr but it won't catch and actuate

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
that blue piece, is a type of clutch (the best I could determine) and it went out on mine to. I jsut found someone here on TI a few weeks ago, selling an actuator for $25 and it fixed the problem. If you goto the dealer, expect to pay like $200-$300 for the part.. try online.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Yeah I couldn't figure out the actuator, I opened it and took all the gears out and was like "huh?" over my head, lol

·
Registered
12,488 Posts
Same problem here man .. I just use my key. Sounds like it was just defective engineering .. You're not alone.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
i have the same problem. but what went bad is the little resistor (if thats what its called) thats located behind the plastic, right next to the antenna motor.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
sneeedle on Sep/09/05 said:
that blue piece, is a type of clutch (the best I could determine) and it went out on mine to. I jsut found someone here on TI a few weeks ago, selling an actuator for $25 and it fixed the problem. If you goto the dealer, expect to pay like $200-$300 for the part.. try online.

025 74840-ST7-A01 ACTUATOR ASSY. 1 2000 Acura INTEGRA 72.84 58.27

$58 isn't bad, i'm just cheap.

·
Registered
107 Posts
the part is not 200-300bucks it's more like 80-90 i have tried a few dealers around columbus,

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
using the key is a pain in the ass cuz if there is something in the back i have to turn off the car get out and open the hatch instead of just having someone open it with the lever and getting their stuff. it doesnt seem like this problem exicted before they changed the latch in 98. dont they have quality control over there? haha. to answer some questions even if its unlocked and i "pull" the little black lever nothing happens, no sound or anything. i think ima take it apart one of these days. to make things worse my alternator just went out and my cars in the shop til 6.i was on the freeway and i had electrical failure, abs and everything except motor. i think ima try to ghetto rig the hatch mechanism, if i get any decent results ill let you guys know.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
checkout the thread i posted a little earlier. i have pictures of the part disassembled, in case anyone was curious or could figure out exactly how to fix it..

linky

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i wouldnt buy a replacement just because im poor and stubborn. seriously prices are out of hand. a part like that shouldnt cost more than 30 bucks, definately not more than 50. besides i like to take things apart and mess with them.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts