Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this light supposed to turn on whenever the hatch is opened? Cause my does sometimes, and sometimes not..

How does it work,what exactly activates it? Just want to know if I can get to the root of why it doesnt turn on sometimes.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I have the same problem, but I never really cared enough to figure it out. Now that you bring it up I'm gonna have a look at it tomorrow.

Drew

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
its a common problem that acura hasnt' come across yet.. i say they do a recall to fix it.. mines doesnt work either.. i've checked it inside and out.. it gets power.. and the unit lights up if i swap it to other integras..

my hatch light stopped working after a year. it maybe have something to do when acura switched over to the electronic hatch.. its a mystery to me yet still.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol.

I woldnt mind figuering out what that problem is. Is nice when it comes on, but more often then not it doesnt.

Im gonna take a look see today and see if I can get her fixed.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Mine does the same thing in my 98 GS. If it doesn't turn on when i open the hatch... i have to flip the latch a few times till it comes on. It comes on eventually but i don't like the idea of making the hatch release servo do all that extra switching when it doesn't need to. I feel like i'm gonna break it.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
guys, try turning on you're parking lights. It could be that its like the glovebox light, which only operates when the lights are on. Lol, I thought my glovebox light was burned out so I went and grabbed some bulbs, spent like 5 minutes taking the glovebox light assembly out (you have to put down the latches on the glovebox, then fit a small skrewdriver back and up, and the skrews they use are really agressive so they require a skrewdriver all the way in and out) and replacing the bulb. It still didnt work so i thought, hey, lets try turning on the lights, and voila, it worked. Just something to try.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts