Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to wind my electric windows down using my alarm remote (like in the BMW's) ive got the circuit all figured out but i can t seem to hook it up to the car with out causing a short on one of the wires.

I tell a lie, I have figured out a way but involves 18 transistors (4 for each door & 2 for the sun roof) and it involves cutting a stack of wires.........

So my question is has any 1 done this B4, or is there any easier way?
any input would be much apreciated

Ill c if i can get a pic of the circuit uploaded.

·
Administrator
43,019 Posts
why dont you just use a piece like the DEI 530T? (which if you search this AutoSound forum for "530" you'll find tons of threads talking about it including tons of wiring help)

or you could keep blowing stuff up

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Yeah, there is a lot easier way. Get a module for your alarm that does it for you. I had an alarm on my Mustang that rolled down my windows and did the locks and had the sound sensor and proximity sensor and shock sensors and all that fun stuff. I loved that alarm. Anyway, check with the manufacturer of your alarm you have now and see if they have a module for it that does all that. If you don't have an alarm then go get one that does have the module. That will be a lot easier.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Anthony, you are banned from TeamIntegra, you drove a, *GASP*....RUSTANG??????...lol, No soup for you..

anyway, yea, usea 530 for your windows and a 529 for your sunroof, its that simple, you can get em all to close when you arm it, and be able to vent them using an AUX channel...

id also be interested in seeing a basic diagram or at least a description of the idea you had for a circuit...i doubt it would have worked tho man, the 530 and 529 each use circuitry that monitors resistance variation...when the resistance of the circut goes up from what it was when the circuit started its initial output, the module 'knows' that the window is closed(becasue when the window or sunroof hits the end of its track, it has no whereelse to go, and puts more streain on the motor, this strain is seen by the 530 or 529 as an increase in resistance) and it cuts power to the circuit, saving your motors from frying up....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is the standard car wiring diagram.

This is the bit i stick in the drivers door to control all the other windows (diodes will de used to connect to the remaining 4 windows )

This needs to be built in to each door... ive found these as a single package they call them an 'H' bridge.

Ok ill c if this works.

·
Administrator
43,019 Posts
sorry to say.. but thats a huge waste of time

$40 spent on a DEI 530T = done deal, has the "vent" feature, is safer, and isn't such a hack job

·
Registered
41 Posts
What one may consider to be a huge waste of time, another might consider a challenge. Sure, not many people would attempt this, either due to not knowing how to build it themselves or because they'd rather just buy something that does the same thing and not give it any more thought or effort. Why do people still build their own computers, when they could go buy one ready to use out of the box?

But if done properly, (and assuming it works) seems like something i'd be interested in trying myself.

Good luck and keep us posted with how it works out...

Cheers,
Dave.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.