Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, hope y’all are doing well. I got autocross this coming Wednesday and put New belts, oil pan, valve cover gasket and harmonic balancer onto my integra(b16a head/b18c1 block) just Incase. The harmonic balancer though was not just Incase as my old oem one had severely cracked rubber and wobbled pretty bad. I just got done throwing the fluidampr one for b series on today. I found out there’s no hex lug to hold it in place when putting it on so there’s that. So I used a 20v, 240 ft lbs spec electric impact and gave it several bursts.
When I started it I instantly noticed a light clacking noise ( not a knock or as heavy as a belt slap but a light clacking).
One of my theories is the fact that two of the bolts in the lower timing cover are broken off in the block from a previous owner and my timing cover hangs a little lopsided and away from the block making it rub with the balancer. If that is so will it be okay? As I’ve driven it the clacking has gotten a good bit better I’m guessing since the balancer is wearing away the plastic cover that’s in its way. Or could I have put the bolt on or dampener on incorrectly or overtightned or not tightened enough?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts