Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I got my ACT clutch, it is very hard to downshift. If you want to go from 5th to 3rd it is impossible. You have to go into 4th, let it grab and then if you need to stick it into third you can but it's still hard to get it in gear. Is this normal for performance clutches or is there a problem with my linkage.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
why would you go from 5th straight to 3rd? this could be your problem. you suppose to go 5th, 4th, 3rd...take it from a guy who raced shifter carts and was sponsored by chrysler...the reason it may be hard is that your clutch is new and your working it to hard. don't your rpm's scream when you downshift like that?

·
Registered
455 Posts
i only go 5th to 3rd when im at about 60km/h then downshift to 3rd, doing it at high speed obviouslly will sky rocket the rpms

since were on the subject i have a question...when downshifting i usually hold the clutch down for 2sec at the most and then slowly release...is it bad to slowly release the clutch, but if i release the clutch fast as possible i can feel more jerks.......

·
Registered
833 Posts
When I down shift I rev match so there is no jerks, my car just takes off like I want it too...

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
There's nothing wrong with going from 5th to 3rd...just double clutch and take some stress off of your synchros...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's also hard to downshift in daily driving situations. When the speed limit changes and I need to slow down it's kinda tough to douwnshift. I usually push the clutch in, put pressure on the stick and wait until it lets me put it into gear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts