Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
i knew these were expensive. but damn

Our most popular model. It is available in 4 widths to fit different neck sizes. Size XS is for small persons under 13" neck. Size Small fits neck sizes 13" to 15". Size Regular fits neck sizes 15" to 18". Size Large fits necks over 18" in width. NOTE - ALL SIZES BACK ORDERED APPROX. 2 WEEKS. PLEASE CALL FOR URGENT NEEDS.
» $865.00

The Professional version is 50 grams lighter than the Economy. It is available in size Regular (fits neck sizes 15" to 18") only. BACK ORDERED. EXPECTED DELIVERY APRIL 9, 2004. PLEASE PHoNE FOR UPDATED STATUS.
» $1135.00

i guess if would save my life its priceless

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yeah think of it this way. In the long run you'll pay more for car insurance and you can't take your car with you when you die.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
basal skull fracture also the cause of death for Roland Ratzenberger in F1, Scott Brayton in IRL, Greg Moore in CART, Gonzalo Rodriguez in CART, and from NASCAR Andy Petty (of the famous Richard and Kyle Petty NASCAR family), Kenny Irwin, and Tony Roper.

another article on it

all preventable with this device.

basal skull fracture is the same method of death as when they used to hang people except in a race car your body is strapped down with your 5 point shoulder belts but your neck and head still travel at the speed of the car forward. if the car suddenly stops on a crash, the acceleration of the head and neck is still at the speed of the car while the body has come to a stop with the car and this would be the same as that of a hanging.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
I need one of those for daily driving.

If you're going to consider one any time in the near future, save your money and get a helmet that will accept it.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
"I race on a short track with relatively low speeds. Why do I need a HANS®?
It's not how fast you go that causes injury, it's how fast you stop. Studies show serious head and neck injuries happen at impact speeds as low as 35mph. Dale Earnhardt's fatal accident had a change in velocity of 43 mph (the vector, or force, perpendicular to the wall). on short tracks with tight radius turns it is easy to be "Q-balled" almost straight into the wall at similar or higher speeds. "
Good to see somebody bring this up on our board, I actually watched the race live when Dale Earnhart Sr. died. Weeks after that this device was really emphasized in NASCAR.

·
Registered
8,678 Posts
hpracing007 on Apr/10/04 said:
Good to see somebody bring this up on our board, I actually watched the race live when Dale Earnhart Sr. died. Weeks after that this device was really emphasized in NASCAR.
agreed. one more thing on the "to get when i have more money" list.

i was watching the race also, when he hit it didnt look that bad but as soon as they got to his car you could tell somethin was seriously wrong.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts