Team Integra Forums banner

Halo lights wiring issue

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  elderj 
#1 ·
So I just recently installed Winjet halos in my dc4, and I wired the halos to my indicator running lights.
They worked great until they blew a fuse for my brake lights, so I upped the amperage on that fuse from a 15A to a 30A. note when the fuse was blown, the brake lights did not work, neither did the halos, but the low/high beams still worked.
Then it was smooth sailing for about 20 minutes. Now my dash lights don’t work. (Cluster gauge lights, climate system lights) As well the same thing happened where the halos don’t work, but the low/high beams still do. Checked all the fuses. They all seemed ok. Could it be that when I was wiring the halos, I forgot to wrap the connectors in electrical tape and the ground came in contact with the power? If so what kind of damage can be done by a silly rookie mistake like this? Please don’t judge me I don’t know a lot about wiring and thought this was a fairly simple job! Any help as to what to do next would be appreciated! Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.