Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in school the other day i was going to subway at lunchtime. i was just leavin when a car in front of me started turning into an intersecting street that leads to the front of my school. she had plaenty of time to make the turn but half way through(and in the midle of my lane) she saw her daughter and stopped. i slammed on my brakes and skidded into her front bumper. the damage wasnt much....got some paint from her license plate and some of the paint on my bumper is gone. There appeared to be no damage to her car. we exchanged insurance and she told me that it was agrred it was her fault, so i thouhgt all was well. however when i got home it turned out she had called my parents and said the accident was my fault and she will have an estimate for them on monday. i told my parents exactly wha t happened and my dad then called her back. She told him that i was in the wrong lane and was speeding and she had swerved to avoid me. i may have been going a little faster than i should have but nothing reckless. My problem is that i am only 17 and if i go through insurance my costs will skyrocket. im guessing the lady knows this and is trying to use this aginst me. the worst part she is the mom of my best friends girlfriend. i dont really no what to do. if she takes it through insurance i can prove she is at fault but my insurance will go up. if u actually read al that i would appreciate some advice.Thanks.

·
Registered
223 Posts
if it isnt your fault you insurance wont go up..i was in a accident and it wasnt my fault...the other ladies insurance paid up and my insurancedidnt do a thing...im 17 to and that does work against us...bet when your right and it is there fault and you can prove that then you will be alright...i called the cops and they helped with getting all the right information and helping out with what happenned and all...isnt neccessary to call them but its a good idea when ever thereis a accident

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my dad called the insurance company and told them the scenerio(hypethetical of course) and they said any involvment will result in my rate going up. I live in Canada so it might work diffrently.

·
Registered
223 Posts
thats some bullshit...doesnt make sence to raise your rates when you did nothing wrong...best thing to do is not go through insurance, pay out of pocket, or get the hell out of canada lol jk..it helps in the long run...i had another accident and i never told the insurance company about it, im just gonna save up some money and get it fixed

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont wanna have to go through insurance but i if i dont go through it i have to pay for her damages and mine out of pocket. what should happen is she should stop being such a b!tch and pay for mine seeing as i did nothing wrong. she is just trying to take advanyage of me because i am in a bad situation.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
cdnteg on Jan/21/06 said:
we exchanged insurance and she told me that it was agrred it was her fault, so i thouhgt all was well.
red flag popped up when i read this. never leave an accident site without filing a police report. you're only asking to get screwed if you leave the scene without one.

you should've at least gotten something in writing from her.

either way, good luck.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
without writing ur basically screwed. i was driving my dads car and i wasnt paying attention and accidently wacked the car in front cuz she stopped for some reason. i didnt go trhough insurance cuz there wasnt much damage on either car but we got a note signed by her that we settled this ourselves and we will not go through insurance and that she doesnt hold me liable. we also had a pedestrian sign the note as a witness.

·
Registered
223 Posts
cell21633 on Jan/21/06 said:
Quote: cdnteg on Jan/21/06we exchanged insurance and she told me that it was agrred it was her fault, so i thouhgt all was well.

red flag popped up when i read this. never leave an accident site without filing a police report. you're only asking to get screwed if you leave the scene without one.

either way, good luck.
police dont fill out reports unless the car is undrivable or someone is hurt

·
Registered
178 Posts
[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wrong, I got into a fender bender and the cops were called, filled out a police report, checked out each of our cars and asked if we were injured. No one was and we each drove off in our Driveable cars.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
yea the cops will come if you call them. i called them for a cracked rear bumper and they came and filed a report.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
hustler958 on Jan/22/06 said:
Quote: cell21633 on Jan/21/06Quote: cdnteg on Jan/21/06we exchanged insurance and she told me that it was agrred it was her fault, so i thouhgt all was well.

either way, good luck.

See, THIS is why we don't do legal advice on here. This might apply to your area (or not) but i know for a fact it's not that way in texas

good luck to the thread starter, get a lawyer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.