Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone in here do this???

Can i get some feedback if someone did or knows someone that did cause i'm thinking of putting 1 in my 99 GS. Some people told me it might be 2 heavy...

·
Registered
392 Posts
Ichishima on Sep/19/02 said:
handleing would be sh*tty but acceleration would be good, and it has been done before
handling will only suck if u are an autocross racer. on the street it wont make much of a difference. it will make the front a little bit heavier but u can make up for that. get carbon fiber hood and fenders. but the u really dont have to.

·
Registered
392 Posts
oh yeah it has been done and can be done very easily but ac and power steering is a problem. cant have both.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ExtremeGSRteg on Sep/19/02 said:
oh yeah it has been done and can be done very easily but ac and power steering is a problem. cant have both.
They won't both fit?

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
it can be dont and if prepped right there wont be too much of a difference

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
one of my friends dropped in a h23(v6)
the h23 was used in non-vtec preludes, and are 4 cylinders, not V6's.

·
Registered
577 Posts
ExtremeGSRteg on Sep/18/02 said:
I've heard of this dilema, do you really have to compromise between the two?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Showtime on Sep/19/02 said:
Quote: ExtremeGSRteg on Sep/19/02

They won't both fit?
nope. theres not enough room to fit both.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Gerson_911 on Sep/19/02 said:
Quote: ExtremeGSRteg on Sep/18/02

I've heard of this dilema, do you really have to compromise between the two?
yes u really do. i have helped my friend put a h22a in a teg and it fits in the teg but both the ac and power steering cant be done.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Michael Delaney on Sep/19/02 said:
Quote: LT6916 on Sep/19/02 Quote: one of my friends dropped in a h23(v6) the h23 was used in non-vtec preludes, and are 4 cylinders, not V6's.
yeah but it sounded like a v6...
No it doesn't. It sounds like an LT1 with a VW Bug head swap because of the resonance intake transduplicifier.

Here we go again. Somebody didn't search like a smart and considerate person and there is going to be a bloody war again because of that.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Theres a member on TI that did this...Interlude. I helped him with alot of this installation into his 99 gsr. Very fast and handling was good w/ upgraded suspension.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Hey you silly guys, you can keep the ac and p/s. there are three options for you...here's how you do it
#1 Relocate the Radiator and air conditioning condensor to outside the front bumper. this frees up space and increases the cooling due to better airflow!! good for 5-10 HP before you factor in the H22's raw power!!!
#2 order the OEM integra-to-prelude engine bay extenders. now if you want your teg to look right you should also get the prelude front panels or else you will have a 3 inch gap between your fenders and doors. this could be useful if you wanted to install sidemount ram air intakes but I prefer a cleaner look.
#3 the budget version of #2 is to use a very large bottle jack between the firewall and bumper and flex it outward (like the pointy camaro) until you get the desired free space. then you re install your radiator and repeat so your radiator fits flush with your restyled bumper. unfortunately you cant use the ram air system from #2 this way but the overall improvement drops your air-drag coefficient allowing for higher topend sppeds with your power-steered, Air-conditioned H22!

BTW I was joking. Don't do this at home kids... DO IT AT A FRIENDS HOUSE!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Jacksont001 on Sep/20/02 said:
Hey you silly guys, you can keep the ac and p/s. there are three options for you...here's how you do it
#1 Relocate the Radiator and air conditioning condensor to outside the front bumper. this frees up space and increases the cooling due to better airflow!! good for 5-10 HP before you factor in the H22's raw power!!!
#2 order the OEM integra-to-prelude engine bay extenders. now if you want your teg to look right you should also get the prelude front panels or else you will have a 3 inch gap between your fenders and doors. this could be useful if you wanted to install sidemount ram air intakes but I prefer a cleaner look.
#3 the budget version of #2 is to use a very large bottle jack between the firewall and bumper and flex it outward (like the pointy camaro) until you get the desired free space. then you re install your radiator and repeat so your radiator fits flush with your restyled bumper. unfortunately you cant use the ram air system from #2 this way but the overall improvement drops your air-drag coefficient allowing for higher topend sppeds with your power-steered, Air-conditioned H22!

BTW I was joking. Don't do this at home kids... DO IT AT A FRIENDS HOUSE!
THANK YOU.

everybody doubts things "cant be done" and "sacrifices have to be made". not true. i have a friend with a h22 hatch, and he has a/c and ps. and no, that aint playstation my friend, its a cool blast of wintertime freshness!

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
no seriously don't do what I said! I was joking! yes it "could" be done, but you need to get creative in your solution, and spent some$$$ My comments are a lighthearted attempt to amuse.

crap.. no one takes me seriously except when I'm B.S'ing them!

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
just relocate the AC. you have to be careful with the AC refrigerant not to spill it. It does irritate the eyes and can be combustible.

a helms manual here would be a good friend.

it's been done many times. aftermarket driveshafts for a second gen. teg like the ones from Frank Rehak at the driveshaftshop.com are a must since people tell me that the stock send gen. teg shafts snap quite easily.

Hasport mounts, redo the shifter fork and use an H22 tranny, use an H22 ECU (and harness).

relocating the battery to the trunk, using a civic manual steering rack, and using a lighter fluidyne rad can ease the front weight loading of 70-100 lb. from the H22 engine. You can beef up the rear springs/shocks and go to a big rear swaybar to get less understeer but your weight distribution really moves the polar moment of inertia forward and there is a lot of understeer at the limit regardless (saying you have a better suspension means nothing...70-100 lb more load on the front wheels that have to do both the braking and turning at the same time is a lot, if you know anything about autoXing or road racing).

it's just basic physics, folks....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts