Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just found a deal localy for some guy selling brand new H&R Springs (2in/f 1.5/r) for $150 and thought it was a good deal to jump on.

However, I am new to the suspension game and was wondering if I'd need any extra parts to go along with the springs, or can I just use my stock parts along with the springs.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,285 Posts
You need shocks to take the drop, otherwise you'll blow your stock ones. AKA = Koni Yellows, Ground Control Coilovers, Tokico Illuminas, KYB AGXs... such and such...

I'd do some searching in the suspension forum.

You can buy H&R Race, Sport, and OE springs for $150 brand new from Next Level Motoring, one of TI's sponsors. They are listed as $160, but for TI members purchases over $100 are $10 off with them.

I would personally buy new springs if he wants that much.

Well, they changed some prices, but I'd still rather buy new ones... Springs from Next Level Motoring

·
Premium Member
1996 LS Manual Hatchback
2,509 Posts
yea i agree with Hero, you can put the springs on the stock shocks but it'll blow them after a while, or right away depending on their condition, but if he's asking that much, just buy brand new ones for the same price with a warranty behind them still from the company and nonetheless a TI sponsor

·
Registered
74 Posts
yeah do a little research on the lca bolt.. you may want to purchase new lca's in advance with new bushings already in.. it's much easier to plan in advance.. btw i thought he said they were brand new in the OP anyway.. camber kits will be needed to rid the camber wear on the tires.. and like everyone said shocks that can handle the drop bc the stocks will eventually crap out after you put the springs on

·
Registered
583 Posts
how about itr shocks with H&R race spring combination? i know other stock shocks can't handle the spring, but how about itr shocks? i'm thinking to buy H&R racing spring and put them into my itr shock.

does anybody have this set up? how is the ride quality??
please let me know

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
its not worth it, just buy aftermarket struts and springs. They'll last a lot longer. ITR struts aren't exactly easy to come by and ITR suspension doesn't ride that much lower to begin with. I personally wouldn't do it, aftermarket struts would be more reliable on a dropped teg.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Wow lots of good info here... I agree with Primeminista3, get some new LCA's and bolts. There is a huge chance that your bolts may be seized inside the LCA bushings. I recently had that problem and let me tell you, its always better to be prepared!!

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
IslandGrlTeg808 on Sep/19/07 said:
Wow lots of good info here... I agree with Primeminista3, get some new LCA's and bolts. There is a huge chance that your bolts may be seized inside the LCA bushings. I recently had that problem and let me tell you, its always better to be prepared!!
x2, will save you time, and sexify the LCAs. Both rears seized up on mine. Bushings + new lca bolts cost me 70$ from the dealership. Argh.

·
Registered
583 Posts
NicCantDecide, so itr shocks with H&R race spring is a bad combination. since i already have itr shocks, i thought it's cheaper than buying aftermarket shocks. i'm happy with itr shocks because it's handle very well, but not low enough :) that is the only complain i have.

·
Registered
8,285 Posts
Well sure the ITR shocks are better for handling over other oem shocks, but they won't be able to take the drop, like he said, and they'll blow out on you leaving you one helluva bouncy ride.

If you want to or are going to lower your teg, just buy some aftermarket shocks that can handle it to go with the springs you want...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I soaked my LCA bolts in the rear with WD-40 about 24 hours before installing my Ksport coilovers. There is no guarantee this will work but if if it does then you will have saved yourself some money. I started on the back first just in case they would not come out. Sucks to have the front slammed and your rear at stock height looking like a funny car. lol.

In the end it they came out just fine. Your mileage may vary.

After researching this on my car I don't think there is a cheap alternative to doing this right. If you change your springs you will most definitely need to change your shocks eventually. The Ksport's are budget. $650. Ground Control coilovers are about $1000. Both are fully adjustable. Springs and something like Koni yellows which will give you a preset non adjustable drop are like what, $500?

·
Registered
580 Posts
xlocracer - Having the front dropped and not the back doesn't look that bad. Of course the car isn't level but if the back was dropped and the front was stock, that would look goofier.

Sorry not trying to jack your thread but here's a picture of my 50% drop... only because I'm waiting for my skunk2 sports to come in...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.