Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im about to trade a stock exhaust for some H&R race springs that are off of a 96 civic. i looked up the part number on the H&R website and they aren't the same for a 98 integra. i know gerneally 92-2000 civic suspension stuff is interchangable with 94 and up integras as far as spring and coilovers.

so what do you think will these springs still fit?
thanks

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
They will probably fit but have different spring rates than an Integra's set. I would just get what is meant for you car. It is best to get quality suspension components. It's a safety issue.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
The spring rate for the civic and integra are totally different due to the weight of the engine and chassis design. They will fit, but expect it to give you too low of a drop and not enough stiff spring rate for the integra.. Get what is made for your application..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well get ready to be surprised....

i called h&r today and they said there are the springs rates for the race springs
integra 460f/350r 2in ffront and 1.75 rear
civic 485f/395r 2.5 front and 2.3 rear

now what do you think? still not a good idea?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Are civic springs the same length as integra springs? i mean, a 2.5" drop on a civic might mean something different for an integra. Those springs also seem to lower the rear more than normal integra springs so traction while exiting a corner might be an issue as more weight will be transfered to the rear. Just some things to think about if you plan on driving your car at its limits. For a show car appearance, though, they would probably be a good choice.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ac_attack on Mar/17/04 said:
Those springs also seem to lower the rear more than normal integra springs so traction while exiting a corner might be an issue as more weight will be transfered to the rear.
can you explain this a little more and give a link to read up on it?thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
well, i would say go to www.turnfast.com here but they need to fix their site before you can read it. i'll give an attempt at explaining it myself though.

There are two ways to change weight distribution, one way is move parts around in your car and the other is to change the height of the corners. Remember that spring rates have no effect on the amount of weight distributed, they only effect how quickly the weight is transfered.

That said, lets say that the stock weight distribution at the stock height of an integra is 60% front and 40% rear. When the integra accelerates, lets say it transfers 10% of it's weight to the rear, making it 50%/50% during acceleration. That would be good for exiting a corner.

So if civic's have a different wieght distribution then integra's, then that balance would be disrupted by swapping the springs. Maybe. I don't know for sure.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that is a good point. i thought that they both had 50/50 weight distribution. can anyone clear this up on whether im going to have a problem or not because i am looking to get into autox rein the very near future

·
Registered
874 Posts
if youre going to be AutoXing, you NEED to get the correct spring rate for the car. you dont want that bouncy sucker on the course. you will be ALL over the place. so do yourself a favor, get the springs, sell em, and buy yourself some H&R Race if its not going to be a daily driver or Sports for a daily driver/occasional AutoX-er

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
aren't the spring rates for skunk 2 coilovers 500f/400r? and different suspension companies offer different spring rates, so wouldn't this just be like using another company with higher rates?

and a second question? would kyb agx or tokico illumina be a better fit for these springs?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.