Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my H&R Sport springs and Koni Red struts installed today. It looks awesome, i couldnt be more please with the looks of the drop(1.75F, 1.5R), and the handling is nice. Almost stock feeling ride, not too bouncy, not too stiff. I am running into a couple of problems though.
1. Arent Koni Reds adjustable before you put them on?? The shop that i went too, which i am slowly starting to regret, didnt know how to adjust the damn things!! Is this a big deal, is it possible that each strut could be on a different setting, affecting my ride quality?
2. When i got home, i rolled down the windows and to hear a cowbell sound if you will, coming from the passenger rear suspension. It sounds like there was something left out of the spring/strut assembly. anybody have a clue what that could be??? i already jacked up the car, and looked at everything, even tried to tighten a few bolts, but everything seemed fine.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
95integraLS on Sep/25/02 said:
i thought the adjustables were the Koni Yellows, not the reds...
yes, your right, but they are adjustable all the time, even after installation of the struts. Somewhere, someone told me on this site that the reds are adjustable, but only before you install the struts.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fentoozler45 on Sep/26/02 said:
Not 100% sure if this is refering to the Reds, but I found this. It looks like it's exactly what you're talking about.

Linky-Linky
i believe that is exactly what i am talking about. the thing that scares me though, is that each strut may be adjusted differently, which could affect my setup im assuming. the reason i worry about this is because when i told the installer that the shocks were adjustable, he was unaware. he then started to mess with the piston rod of the passenger side front strut, possible adjusting it. And now that i rethink being there, he never adjusted the other 3 struts. could this infact be effecting my setup(in a bad way)???

·
Registered
414 Posts
InOcULaNcE, how much did parts and labour cost? im ay do my suspention in the future, so knowing how much it will run me would be great.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheapthrills2 on Sep/26/02 said:
InOcULaNcE, how much did parts and labour cost? im ay do my suspention in the future, so knowing how much it will run me would be great.
Koni Reds: 280
H&R Sports: 160
Ingalls Camber: 83(ebay)
Labor: 120

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BaDNaN on Sep/28/02 said:
where did you get the shocks from?
im in the market for some red and cheapest i found was like 308 at shocks.com
shox.com is where i got them, but my boss let me use his business license and resale license to get them for wholesale price.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got the noise fixed on thursday, the installer left a bolt out!!! I took it to Pismo Beach for the weekend for the ultimate test(real fun roads around there and morro bay) it feels very stiff in the corners, and makes everyday driving a little funner. i will post pics asap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts