Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, after a few years of working on my integra, I figured that I might as well create a build thread lol. I've lurked here alot for information, and this is what I finally get to bring back to the community. I apologize in advance for any weird formatting stuff lol, I'm used to reddit and insta mostly, so some of my posting may look a little wonky while I figure out how this works fully. I'll also mention my insta (@Mour_dc4), as I post pretty frequently, and its all stuff related to my car.

As always, feel free to ask any questions about my car, and I'll do my absolute best to answer.

So I guess i'll start with a semi before and after (hoping that imgur links embed easily),

is the day I bought her. $2000 got me a manual, one owner with tons of paperwork, integra ls with a mostly spotless interior. Tons of paint and body work needed however, as the car sat for roughly 8 years before I bought it. It ran just fine, it was as simple as - she bought a new car and no longer needed the integra, but couldnt bring herself to sell it.

Interior was clean in the front. Rear was rather sunbleached in areas, but intact.

All bone stock under the hood. 94 b18b1 w/ ~140k miles.

Some bodywork had been started, but never finished towards fixing it up. I def had my work cut out.

To round off this first post (as I kinda want to see how this formatting works before continuing ), I'll leave one of my favorite shots of the car from the few years I've had it at this point.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome to TI! Just like you, I have utilized the site many times so it's great to see another build and member join the community ::thumbs ups::

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
AH! I maybe found out how to embed images to make this thread a bit easier to read. Lets hope this works lol.

Got lucky and managed to find a 98-01 front for fairly cheap, which is really, really lucky for the area I live in lol, someone at some point had a fairly beat b20 dc4 that threw a rod and was in our local junk yard. Only integra i"ve seen in around a 150 mile radius.

The body is actually pretty straight, just really the paint is messed up. No hail damage, or significant dents anywhere.

Cleaned, freshened the engine bay. All new fluids, new VC gasket, new belts, ditched the stock airbox because of course I did

Skunk2 springs! gotta get that low sorted out first.

and it already passes the shoe test on stock wheels/tires

So this was when I had my first wake up call about cheap parts. Bought a Spec D ITR style spoiler, and it didn't come close to fitting properly. I kinda had to force it to fit, I mounted one side, and just pulled really hard on the other until the bolt holes lined up. CCRRRRRACK.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Skunk2 dampers finally came in, wound up having to replace rear lower control arms as well, as the bolt was seized to the bushing, so I ordered Skunk2 LCAs as well lol. Also got in some Skunk2 front UCAs so that I can adjust camber later

New wheels and tires came in, and after ALOT of work, I managed to make them fit. All guards rolled and pumped, -3 deg camber rear, -1 deg camber front, and had to shave probably 2/3rds of the material off of the brake caliper shoe (the thing that the caliper sits in, not the caliper itself) in order for the wheels to fit. Wheels are 16x8+20, tires are 205/46r16 bridgestone potenza re760 sport.

They just fit so damn snug, I love it. She got the meat now.

Picked up a $20 ITR style lip from ebay, As I wasn't sure if scraping would prove to be a problem (it isn't lol)

It was around this time that I was driving along and my A/C compressor seized. Y'all know what that means, time to delete it.

I decided to continue with my weight reduction endeavors, and ditched the rear interior (I saved it, its just out of the car), and bedlinered the rear of the car

Will post more tomorrow, this is about when I got serious with the body and paint work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So this is around the time that I started to get more serious with fixing the paintwork.

Went to town on her with a DA and some 400 grit, sprayed some rattlecan primer on wherever went to bare metal, as I wasn't sure how long it was gonna be until I was able to actually put paint on it.

It drove like this for a while before I hit it with some rattlecan black primer to try and get it mostly one color.

Here's a fun one. This is the day I went to the interview for my current job. Had to swear up and down that it is reliable, just ugly lol.

I enrolled in a local votech for automotive collision repair about two months before this. I decided that I enjoyed doing this stuff enough that I would give a shot at doing it for a living. Busted ass for a while to show the instructor that I was serious, and get him to trust me enough to do my own thing, and the project picked up speed fast.

I started with shaving the front bumper, ditching the emblem and license plate bracket, priming the whole front end and doing a ton of sanding to get it smooth and looking good.

Hit the doors as well, and then thew some color and clear on the front end.

A bit after that I started on the back half, got it primered and guide coated

So. Much. Sanding.

I also put it up on our frame machine to pull the rear arches so that the rear wheels/tires would fit a bit better. I have a picture somewhere, but I would really have to dig for it.

And in the booth it goes.

Next post will be the paint, and where it has gone since the first paintjob, spoiler, it currently (a little over a year later) looks like this:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She is out of the booth!

Once the paint had cured for a bit I threw on my NO GOOD RACING! door vinyl

So while the paint job looks good in pictures, it had some problems that meant it wasn't up to my personal quality standards, so I knew I would have to eventually repaint. Such is the result of painting a full car so early into my schooling for this stuff lol, I started in august, and painted this before christmas.

It feel like its been a long time coming, but the past few weeks I've finally had the time to get the car completely pulled apart and prepped, as I'm doing a full color change.

And so it begins again.

And there's one more picture to get you guys caught up to the cars current state. Today I sprayed the fenders, hood, front bumper cover, side skirts, and front lip, all in...

Acura Y-56 Phoenix yellow.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got the insides of the door painted, along with the hatch, side mouldings (I'm not deleting them), rear bumper, and that trim piece that goes under the tail lights

And got the actual car pulled up to the booth to finish masking it, getting close to finishing here

Inside the booth and masked! Ready for a lot of yellow?

Aaaaand this was on a friday. Didn't get back into the shop to retrieve it and start assembly until monday. Longest weekend of my life lol.

But, here's monday

A bit more assembly work, and she's out!

Next post will be things I've done since paint, which hasn't been long lol, been to IFO, few small shows, and installed canards! also had a semi kick a fatass rock into my hood, so i'll be repainting the hood soon lmao. Been trying to baby the car because of the new paint, but it's my daily, and I drive around 600 mi a week for school and work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, Japanese muscle sent me out a windshield banner, and said they'd feature me on their insta if I threw it on the car. I figured I had nothing to lose, so I threw it on, took some pics, took it off a few days later lol. Only got into their insta story. (Did get featured on BSeriesonly and integra_daily though, along with a few smaller pages, super excited about that)

Really wish OK had some better license plate options. They really have no good options lol.

and finally the most recent picture of the car, albeit a little blurry. I was dumb and put a pair of keys in the same pocket as my phone, which resulted in broken camera glass, so it can't focus properly anymore :/

Still my first real aero piece makes me so hyped lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Entered my first car show, and hit up a local small mountain range to get a few pictures!

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts