Team Integra Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Funny how people complain about bringing up a thread from 10 months old... Here I am bringing up one from 13 years ago. The world has changed.

Reason I am here today bringing up the dead is that my cat finally gave up and shat itself. I heard a rattling from under the car, so I got it on the lift at work and I can bang on the cat and that it what is rattling. Question for today is who else makes a quality direct fit cat? I have found MangaFlow online but I really hope the pics are wrong because the O2 bung and flanges are incorrect. SMSP is apparently no longer around, Car-Sound is now MagnaFlow.

I kinda wanted to hear reviews of people who have replaced their cat with aftermarkets. And what brand it was, unless the only option is a Magnaflow.

2001 LS OBDII. primary O2 was replaced a few years ago. Thanks guys.

side note...... I kinda miss MD's posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Funny how people complain about bringing up a thread from 10 months old... Here I am bringing up one from 13 years ago. The world has changed.

Reason I am here today bringing up the dead is that my cat finally gave up and shat itself. I heard a rattling from under the car, so I got it on the lift at work and I can bang on the cat and that it what is rattling. Question for today is who else makes a quality direct fit cat? I have found MangaFlow online but I really hope the pics are wrong because the O2 bung and flanges are incorrect. SMSP is apparently no longer around, Car-Sound is now MagnaFlow.

I kinda wanted to hear reviews of people who have replaced their cat with aftermarkets. And what brand it was, unless the only option is a Magnaflow.

2001 LS OBDII. primary O2 was replaced a few years ago. Thanks guys.

side note...... I kinda miss MD's posts
Amazon is your friend, filter by car and find the brand you'd like the most. Just about any 2.5 inch uni cat can be turned into a bolt on, O2 bungs are also cheap as ****.

·
Registered
5 Posts
not only does it not help your performance, but it HURTS your performance. a gutted cat will create exhaust turbulence and will hurt the exhaust flow. why don't people understand that? don't gut your cat. if you're going to do anything, get a test pipe. i don't really care for people who don't give a sh*t about the environment to go a little bit faster, but gutting out your cat is one of the stupidest things you can do to your car. if i were you, i'd call up dave at smsp and order myself a car sound cat. a high flow cat will give you only a few less hp than a test pipe... (yeah, i don't care what your state law says. just because it's legal, doesn't make it right.)
well at least its a option for people who have a busted one and wanna go the cheaper route instead of buying a new cat. im gutting mine because its clogged as **** and im have no power when I stomp the gas or over like 4k rpm so this will at least unclog the exhaust!!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts