Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a couple days ago, that i was gonna put in blue lights for my guages, and today, i did it. It looks nice and all, but hte thing is, how would i go about getting the needles blue as well. The article didnt talk about this. I saw all the other bulbs, which im guessing is for the other lights (seatbelt, brake, etc). How do i change needle lighting?

·
Registered
452 Posts
i looked a post on this..its simple man! should i explain it to your or should i just give u a link? i did mine yesterday! go to search type in "needle jdm" and the first post...shows u how to get rid of the red needle and make it any color u want! i was gon' make mine yellow....but then i remembered i got some blue lights in my car...so i made my needles blue...looks pretty dope at night considering the fact that i gotta bright white 194 bulbs behind my gauges. all i gotta say is..its f**ken tiiiiiiiiight

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
You could also, if you wanted.. buy some paints that light up in compliment to any lighting you already have. Comes down to personal preferences. I'll drop in a few links to some stuff I found:
Most of these arent permanent glow, but -shrug- mabye someone will find use for em, mabye not. OH well.

Novaglow

Lumi-IT

Kryptonight

There are tons more to check out. I just did a net search on "glow in the dark paints".
I'll pick some up sometime and try em out one a cluster I have out back.

- Josh

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think i might pass on the needle, because i dont want to screw up the cluster by taking it apart (kinda paranoid about that kinda stuff), but i was wondering, i wanted to change the dome light to blue, and was wondering what kind of bulb it was (size). Anyone know?

·
Registered
452 Posts
oh man are u kidding me? u dont know what bulb size? even if u dont know..take out your dome light...look at it..go to the store and find the same match. oh man. common sense my friend.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok, so i went to schucks auto supply, to see if they had any blue bulbs for the dome light, and they didnt have any. I went to 2 other schucks stores, and they didnt have any either. Do they make colored bulbs for the dome light?

·
Registered
452 Posts
all colors. i have a bright white with a lil blue in it. dont ASK THEM. schucks(kragen) has them. autozone has them. wal mart has them. dont ask the people that work there, they're stupid. go in your car. pull the dome light out. take it to the dame store with you and go to the lightning section for cars and look at the bulbs and find the one u want to buy.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok...but i still didnt find them in any of the schucks stores...i looked, and tried to match them up, after asking them, and still couldnt find them....but i will try other stores i guess...

and does anyone know a way to get neon lighting/led lighting into the side vents on the dash....

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Without drilling a hole somewhere its not going to be possible to get LEDs in there. You'll most likely have to take apart your dash to make it a clean install. If you can get the front of the vents off then its possible to do it with a long enough drill bit, but it would be cleaner to just take apart the dash.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.