Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a good deal on some Oversized ITR pistons (.25) for 170 - so I will have my GSR block bored/honed out to 81.25.

Currently the only thing I want to add to my engine is head internal upgrades & cams -

My head currently has a little bit of a shave on it - right now about the same as b16/b18c5 head.

As for power goals Id be happy w/ around 190, a lil below - I know im a way off since im not going to agressive w/ the pistons.

My question is what questions should cams would you reccomend, i know some are good for certain compression ratios... currently with the setup (itr pistons/gsr head) im looking at the CR would end at 11.1:1 - if i took a layer off to 2 layers it goes to like 11.5.

My question stands heh - What cams would recommend for this type of CR w/o breaking the budget?(aka $700+) I just wanna get it right the 1st time w/o getting somethat will over/undercam

I Appreciate all of your help and advice guys.

Currently I have found skunk2 stage2 cams for 550 new - not a bad deal but then again I would have to upgrade internals, most likely w/ skunk internals -

I know i know... there is alot of "which cam should i Use? and i know stage 1 is like right around 11:1-11:4 and stage 2 is like 11:5-11:8

I guess i need a little guidance, its not final on the pistons, for currently i would be at like 11:1 w/ itr pistons, maybe im better off taking p30 pistons and take the deal on stage 2.

More or less i need what would be financially easier?

edit: forgot to mention, a skunk2 manifold will be coming, i will not retain stock gsr - exhaust setup is currently header-back, a 600+ header isnt in the budget currently

·
Registered
138 Posts
Dang 550 for stage 2 cams, point me in the rite direction. I need those cams!!! If your goals are jus 190+/- whp. I would take the deal on the itr pistons and jus run the stage 1 skunk2 cams. As for the head I think you can just upgrade to an itr valvetrain and be str8. Your power isn't too hard to get with a b18c1. Another benefit from stage 1's w/ the itr pistons is you won't really have to get a complete package i.e. injectors, stand alone ecu. I think a apex-i vafc would suffice, b/c from what i hear the stage 1 cams start to drop off at bout 8.5k rpm +. Tune Tune Tune. This is gonna cost. Plan ahead. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does I appreciate it - I know skunk2 stage2 are like toda b/c i cant remember - With the stage 2 besides upgrading internally - Would it be neccasary do upgrade injectors(no body wants injectors at 100% duty cycle
) and mess w/ the ignition timing(idle futzing?) ?

edit - im leaning towards stage1 depending on the tuning aspect of it - if go w/ stage 1 ill give ya the guys number

·
Registered
68 Posts
Your compression levels will be very near the ITR's, so why not use ITR internals? Skunk2 stage 1 cams, or ITR cams will give you both good power, and good reliability. You won't need to upgrade your springs or retainers with either one, but it wouldn't hurt to do so.

You might want to invest in a FPR, if you don't already have one.

And, yes with the skunk2 stage 2 cams you should upgrade the injectors to 310's. That will require even more tunign to get right.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MD whats your recommendation if i dont wanna go above 11:7 -

I guess i need guidance whether to go w/ oversize itr and skunk2 - there is so many cam choices out there its nutz. Heh.

kinda off topic - but i guess I dont wanna put ITR internals in a gsr block because its basically building a wannabe-ITR i know that sounds cynical.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.