Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at either going with a Type R and staying N/A or go with a 95 GSR and add a Rev Hard 2C kit. However, the high compression on the GSR bugs me so I've decided that I would build my bottom end first. I went to the local speed shop here and talked to them about it. They said, that it wasn't needed to build the bottom end and that all you need is a thicker head gasket, Skunk2 turbo cams and Skunk springs/retainers. Also said it would be best to go with a Greddy kit and get a large intercooler. They said you could then boost 10-12PSi. Is this true? I mean with good tuning I guess but that seems like an awful lot of extra pressure on that engine with just cams and topend mods. But if I can get some feedback here on if it would really hold up well, I'd just assume to do cams, springs and retainers. The car will be driven daily. I don't know if I will boost 10Psi every day but occasionally yes.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Get a second opinion from another shop that's just plain stupid advice ! It will help, BUT !...
A headgasket will lower your compression yes, to about
- .8 ! Adding cams and a headgasket is a way to up the boost and protect the head...yes. But your not helping the block which is where most damage/stress can and will occur.

The GReddy kit comes with a smaller turbo than the Rev-hard kit does. And comes with NO FMIC !
10-12psi on that setup is very possible...then again its very possible you’re going to have problems in the block area as well ! The GSR head flows alot better than say a LS so you should be fine with just an aftermarket headgasket and rods & pistons far safer and much more reliable.

Note: As soon as you start pulling heads etc. apart is when you CAN start having problems elsewhere. If you decide to yank the head make sure you go ahead and change the head bolts/studs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts