Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I have decided to go with the 95 GSR Turbo and take what that last shop said to me in stride. I've read the turbo articles here for the 3rd time this morning and have decided to replace my connecting rods also. Seems that the failure is not with the piston, but more with the pressure placed on the rods. So to prep for the RevHard kit I've decided to do 1)Connecting Rods 2)Skunk Turbo Cams 3)Skunk springs/retainers and a thicker head gasket. Now, do valves need to be done? Also, what recommendations do any of you have for forged connecting rods? I plan on tuning for 7PSi with 10PSi used for racing. I figure if I leave the stock pistons in there, I wont loose the stock power of the GSR. Thanks!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Eagle rods will be fine.

This is just my take on your situation you can take it or leave it.....

Since you are going to crack into the block to replace the connecting rods then I would just go ahead and do the piston as well. I mean why not??!! Think about it...you have to take take the pistons out anyway to change the rods so you may as well do it all at once. You are already going to have to pay the same labor costs so all you are really looking at is the cost of new pistons. If you went that way I would recommend JE pistons. They will drop your compression ratio some but it will be worth it!! Don't worry about the stock N/A power...you are going turbo with a built motor! And just think, if you did the pistons and rods you could run more boost!

Just something to think about Delta...good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts