Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a starter from murrays auto, (similar to pepboys, autozone) for $160. I waited for a couple days for them to get it in, and it ended up being the wrong part starter for the wrong car.
I returned it and exchanged it and waited another couple days for a new one. the car still wouldnt start, so i just brought it into an automotive shop. they just called me and said the 2nd starter I got from the place was STILL the wrong one. i am giong to get a refund from murrays since this is the second wrong starter. the shop qouted me $265 for them to get a starter. my mom knows these people and said they are reputable, and the guy said the reason the previous starters were only $160 is because they were for the SOHC non-vtec. he said for my GSR most starters do go for around $265 which is what is is charging me.

should i just have him do it and get it over with since i have been out of a car for almost 2 weeks because murrays cant get me the right part, or am i getting screwed here??

its $265 for the starter and another $125 for labor, what do you think? that sounds like an expensive starter

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
That sounds about right. But he must be getting the starter from a dealer because that is about what the dealer is charging. If you think you can change it yourself, then go to the dealer and buy it yourslelf. If it's too cold or something, then bite the bullet and just get it done.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
LMFAO... i think that your starter may not even have been that bad in the first place... most of the time its just the copper plate thats inside the starter thats worned, and needs to be replaced ($10 for the plates), but then again.. maybe your starter was shot ... its kinda expensive just for a starter tho.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
that is a bit much. ask them if its OEM or if its a rebuilt unit. a rebuilt one should be around $100-150. a starter is a starter.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Do the SOHC and DOHC engines have different starters? Aside from the head, manifolts and internals, I thought the blocks were pretty much the same.

Seems strange that different versions of the B18 block would have different starters.

Anybody know for sure the starters are different?

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
hahaha..no offense....but...f**king murrays strikes again....they used to do that sh*t to me all the f**king time...they have 1 part listing for the integra, but under 2 headings, so as far as their concerned the 18b and c are the same engines...go in there and ask them for sparkplugs....I gaurantee they give you 11's and not 13's.....I actually stopped going to them because of that when autozone finally opened a shop closer to me....

sucks to hear man!!

·
Registered
948 Posts
midwesta on Feb/03/04 said:
ummmm there is no SOHC b18 block buddy.
Yup, you got me there on one of my brain farts, I was thinking of the VTEC heads on the B18C's versus the non vtec's on the B18Bs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts