Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO,
I BOUGHT A USED DC 2 PIECE HEADER(PART# AHC-6007) FOR MY 96 LS TEG AND WHEN I GOT IT I FOUND OUT IT WAS FOR A GSR.
IS THERE ANYWAY I CAN MAKE THIS FIT?,OR AM I S.O.L. THE DAMN GUY TOLD ME IT CAME OFF OF A GS. PLEASE HELP!!!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
get a carsound cat/or a gsr cat and gsr piping or an exhaust system
if not then i would just sell it

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
I beleave the GSR header is slightly longer, you would probably have to have your exhaust shortened. Should only cost $30 or so at a quality muffler place.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
The 94-99 GS-R header is the shorter one. I made this comparison so you can visually see it. Hope this helps you.

Note that all brackets connect at the same point. The LS and Type R A-pipes are equal in length and have the primary O2 sensor before the cat so that's why you can fit Type R header applications onto an LS. In 2000, the GS-R switched to an A-pipe the same length as the LS. ]

Can someone with a 00-01 GS-R let us know if you have to O2 sensor in your header or is it still in the cat? I'd like to know that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SO IF I GET A GSR CAT I SHOULD BE O.K. OR WILL THE O2 SENSOR IN THE CAT THROW THINGS OFF, ALSO ARE THE GSR O2 SENSOR AND THE LS O2 SENSOR THE SAME, OR WILL I NEED A GSR O2 SENSOR TO MAKE THIS WORK. IT SHOULD BE RATHER EASY TO HAVE A MUFFLER SHOP REPLACE MY CAT WITH A HIGH FLOW CAT AND CUSTOM FIT THE SIZE. RIGHT?

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
The primary flange is the same for all B-series motors.

You will need a cat with two O2 bungs like the GS-R cat. Since you are upgrading your exhaust SYSTEM you might as well upgrade your cat to finish it off. Contact Dave at SMSP ([email protected]). Tell him everything you have as far as your exhaust system goes and that you need a cat to make it all fit. I'm betting he will be able to custom make the flanges on a Carsound cat for you and extend the outlet flange to make up for the missing length in the exhaust system. No muffler shop needed. SMSP does top quality work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IF I GET A GSR CAT WITH TWO O2 SENSORS THAN HOW IS MY LS COMPUTER GOING TO DEAL WITH THAT? DOES AN LS CAR HAVE TWO O2 SENSORES AS WELL? I HAVE NOT TRIED TO PULL THE OLD MANIFOLD OFF YET!

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
You may want to try pressing the Caps Lock button again...we'll all thank you for it.

Your 96 LS does have two O2 sensors. one in the header and one in the cat. O2 sensor placement is as follows.

OBD-I
LS: Primary O2 in the header collector, nothing in the cat.
GS-R: Primary O2 in frontside of cat. No O2 bung in header.

OBD-II
LS: Primary O2 in the header collector, secondary O2 in backside of cat.
GS-R (94-99) Primary O2 in frontside of cat, secondary O2 backside of cat.
GS-R (00-01): Primary O2 in header collector, secondary O2 in backside of cat.
Type R: Primary O2 in header collector, secondary O2 in backside of cat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks SuferX, it appears as though i am not S.O.L., a custom cat is all i need! Thanks again.
P.S. What's up with you and your disstain for the improper use of the Caps Lock?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
nickkol on June/21/02 said:
P.S. What's up with you and your disstain for the improper use of the Caps Lock?
It's not just SurferX. Using all CAPS is the same as shouting in real life. It kinda hurts the eyes.

·
Registered
118 Posts
2000 gsr, one in header, one in end of cat.

·
Registered
264 Posts
What a coincidence, because I just happed to have the same problem! There is nothing you can really do besides selling it. The gsr header is shorter. The o2 sensor will almost be hitting the drive shaft. My advice is to be getting a new one that is made for your . Even if it means spending more money, you have way better fit that way!

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
I'm sure they appreciate the advise, even though they had the problem over 2 years ago...

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is not the whole problem. 2000 GSR has the A-pipe coming from Type-R, 100% sure, checked it with the OEM part catalog. Same goes for the cat. For some reason, they made it that way. I just ordered an aftermarked cat-converter for GSR and it came with two 02 holes in it which makes it 3(!) holes now. Any 94-99 GSR header will be shorter though which will create a 5" gap between the A-pipe and the cat. It's a constant mess. I just ordered a header for 00 GSR from Comptech, lessie if they are gonna send it with a hole or without. Supposed to be a direct fit, but believe me it's not because of different parts installed by none but Acura themselves.

·
Registered
150 Posts
the gsr header will fit on the ls head... only problem is that the ls header has an o2 sensor on the downpipe and the gsr does not..

·
Registered
120 Posts
godunovs on May/12/06 said:
This is not the whole problem. 2000 GSR has the A-pipe coming from Type-R, 100% sure,
I disagree. they share the same length of Header doesnt' mean they are the same..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts