Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a gsr muffler used to place on my girlfriends ls...is this a straight install...
An aftermarket muffler is on and she doesn't want the noise...will it fit with out taking it to a muffler shop from the axle back...anyone experience this...

the piping is still stock

·
Registered
382 Posts
I know that the 5Zigen 00-01 GSR catback system fits the 94-01 RS/LS & 97-01 Type R with no modification. The part #'s are the same on the 5Zigen website & I also have the 5Zigen exhaust on my 94 RS thanks to QuanKwan (who had it on his 01 GSR).

From this information I gather the following. If the GSR muffler is from a 00-01 only, it will fit the 94-01 RS/LS with no modification I believe. The 97-01 Type R muffler is compatible as well with the years & models mentioned above.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't want to give out false information.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
The muffler is the same on the LS and GS-R, it's not going to make any difference performance-wise. I don't know about the piping length, it may or may not fit but you'd just be replacing the same thing pretty much. If you have the stock LS muffler still just throw that back on.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that is a good idea...I have the gsr tip still so I can put it on the gs muffler...except the pipe was cut so they could put on the good muffler...I will have to wait and see

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
SO i gather that A GSR axel back is the same size for a LS...

i'm lookin to replace my ls muffler with the gsr one... i know same performace,, don't care.. but the tip is nice....LOL>.

well long story... i got in anaccident and bosyshop replace my axel back with a stainless steel looking axel back, i want teh black back on.... + i'm getting the gsr exhaust for $50...

Frank

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
If you are getting the catback, it will be too long for your car. If you are getting just the axle back, it will work fine.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The axle back exhausts for all integra's are the same from 94+
I know this for a fact as I have tried ls, ls(automatic), gsr and type R axle backs...!
Good to go!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts