Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*EDIT*
Forgot to mention the car would be financed so it would have to be full coverage.

I am looking into getting a new car and i cant buy anything BRAND new because prices are way out of my range with insurance so high. The guy kept trying to talk me into getting a 4 door which im not a big fan of four door cars but i was thinking about a nice 4dr GSR i saw and i wouldnt mind that at all. I was wondering what the insurance price differance would be between a 2dr GSR and a 4dr GSR? Is the 4DR still going to be considered a spors car or will it be a decent amount cheaper then a 2dr?
Some feedback would really help me out thanks.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
I don't think the insurance is going to be much cheaper on a four door. But that will most definitely vary from one provider to the next. The big thing you get ripped off by is the engine.

Just a little story of what my insurance company told me. I got a 99 GSR two door and I called my insurance about coverage. They told me that they rate cars based on performance from A to Z. Z being a Porshe. Guess what my car was rated....it was a T. Goes to show you the technology we're dealing with here...

Oh, btw, I have a PERFECT driving record...no tickets and no accidents....good luck.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
I'm married and over 25 so my rates wouldn't be a good indicator. The insurance on my GSR sedan was higher than my 2 door Mustang though. I thought that was interesting. Still look for high insurance rates. It might be a couple bucks cheaper than a 2 door but not by much. Give geico or progressive a call and see what you are looking at.

·
Registered
119 Posts
right now im paying 1500 every six months but i get 600 off now cause i got good student...im 18 never had a ticket of any kind...also i only have liability and comp on my car...it sucks and that is the lowest price i can get on my car...if anyone else knows of a cheaper place than state farm insurance let me know..

·
Registered
4 Posts
it looks like i'll be paying around the same ($1,500) six month premium. i've been talking with my insurance (state farm) about what it'll take to insure my gs-r. my buddy's uncle said he'd consider selling his '94 to me. adult driven, 76k, flawless. i'm very excited..

..for the car. not the insurance. :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a Legend GS 4 door. I asked why is it my insurance is so high. I have a 4 door car. The insurance agent told me that because of my engine, my car is rated or viewed as a sports car. Your insurance will not differ between the two door and the four door GSR.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
i pay $100 a month through eastwood, my car was financed so thats the coverage i still have, i think its pretty low, plus through them i could get it for $96 a month now but i would have to do another down payment, so i might stay with $100

·
Registered
457 Posts
ok the 4 door is gonna be more atleast it is for me i have a 99 GS 4 door and i almost bought a RS 2 door but i wanted the GS so i called and got prices and yes the 4 door is more because you are more likely to carry more people in which case if you did get into a wreak the prive for damages would cost more....alteast that what they told me for my 4 door

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Alright then, My 99 Gs 2dr I use to pay $290 a month with Allstate, full cover when I first bought the car brand new back in late 1999 early 2,000 once I hit 25 years old and I been driving over 8 years with a few speeding ticket here and there (back when I was a teen) no accident I pay about $190 a month right now (Allstate) but I know I can get it cheaper somewhere else but I been to lazy to shop around (busy with work.)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
My 2001 GSR (which is leased, so it has full covereage) is about 1600.00 per year, and that's with State Farm's 25% good student discount.

If you're a student, be sure to find someone who offers good student discounts. 25% is a lot of savings...

By the way, I have a few tickets on my record...

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Getting married is where its at. I was paying $160 a month on a 97 Mustang before. I got married, added a 93 4-Runner and a 90 Accord EX sedan and my insurance on all 3 vehicles for me and Jennifer was $150 per month. When I turned 25 my insurance dropped a whole dollar a month. What a rip. Now that we just have my GSR and her 99 Accord LX sedan the insurance is only $145 per month. I can live with that. I've seen the rates on a GSR for single guys under 25. I don't know how you guys do it... Props to the devotion! Unless you are getting some sort of good student discount, or are still on your parents policy, I just don't know how you afford the insurance on these suckers.

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
My insurance will not cover me on a 2 door gsr, however it will only be 2300 a year full covg. 50 comp and 250 collision, and i am 16 with one ticket. They said the 2 door is a sports car, they see the 4 door as a family car, at least my insurance does.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I have to pay 320 permonth insurance, on a 98 Prelude and a 97 2dr GSR. Im 23, and married. Being married hardly makes a difference. Im hoping 25 does.

And Progressive Insurance sucks. Stick with state farm. The longer your with Progressive, the more you pay... my rates have gone up every 6 months. When I was with state farm, It was awsome, the longer I was with them the lower the price of my insurance... but I got too many tickets so they dropped me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have state farm, and on my 97 gsr 2dr. i pay 287 every six months. its under my moms name, but under mine it would about 450.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I have a 2000 2dr GSR and I just bought a 1994 4dr GSR. Adding the 4Dr and making it my daily driver yielded a refund of $17.

That means I actually added the 4dr and got money back because it was going to be the car I drove most often. Also note that the year difference will make the 1994 much cheaper to insure regardless.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts