Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's back. It's been two months since I sent it out to them, but well worth the time. This thing is beautifull. I don't even want to put it in the car, thats how good it looks. But ill take some pics and put them on later. Im at work right now but I had to tell someone, thats how excited I am about this thing. stefan525

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the injector bosses did get the dimples. Im going to use CTR cams and Roller Wave's 12:1 cr. Im going to get pics this afternoon, after work. stefan525

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im using CTR cams. Keep in mind that the head was ported to meet the CTR cams and 12:1 cr. I know you are worried that I will undercam the eng. but I all ready have the CTR's in my eng, so im going to run them for now. stefan525

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
we explain dimpling in the ideas: flow flow velocity, flow quality article and in my headporting article over at automotivetech.org. it's like the effects on a golf ball. it allows the spray to stay atomized when it leaves the injector nozzle and prevents the fuel from raining out at a high turbulence flow area. the edges of the dimples must be sharp to the touch.

stefan, if he ported for CTR cams then he will have gauged the flow for a 8500 rpm redline and those cam specs. The porting will be geared towards making a powerband around that package's powerband. Or did you tell him you were upgrading the cams to a specified spec?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I told him that im using CTR's, but I also talk to him the other day and talk some more about upgrading cams. He told me that I would be ok if I run diff. cams as long as I don't go too wild. But for now ill stick with CTR's and see how it performes when im done.

PS: future plans are:

gsr 1.8 block. 81.5mm bore
gsr head Endyn ported
Endyn roller wave pistons 81.5mm
OEM stock head gasket
OEM bearings
Eagle rods
ITR header
Skunk2 IM
12->12.5:1 cr

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
It also appears that atleast some material was taken from the relief areas, so that will lower CR just a bit. Going off the fact that RSXs now come with 11:1 CR made to run on 91 octane, I dont think that 12:1 on 93 would be that bad...given that you dont know what dynamic CR is on both engines and the RSX has totally different flow/combustion characteristics.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
I run on 12:1 and 93 octane daily driven. ..it's not just the octane...it's your ecu reprogram and fuel upgrading that allows you to run on 12:1 CR. if you don't injector/pump upgrade, reprogram, and tune, you're f**ked.

at least you know not to get toda b/c, or skunk2 stage 2, or jun 3.

toda a's, piper bp285 / cat, spoon, rocket m22, crower 402's-403's, crane stage 1, skunk 2 stage 1.....

ITR header? I hope you mean aftermarket after going this far with the head/IM, bottom end, and cams.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.