Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i just ran across a good deal for a greddy evo cat-back exhaust, but its for a gsr. Since I'll be replacing the headers and cat, i was thinking it would fit. I think the gsr piping is longer b/c the header is shorter, but not sure. The way i see it, it would work with some of the piping cut off from the cat-back. is this right?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would be about a $350 diff in price if i bought one for my car, b/c of the deal. I just want to know if the way im thinking is correct and a good thing to do

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
unless you're replacing the header and cat with different length models, everything will still match up in the same places. but it's all nothing a little trip to a muffler shop can't fix, and i doubt all the mods would be over 50 bucks, depending on how bad it is.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
SurferX on Aug/28/02 said:
Get a GS-R length header and cat, then the GS-R exhaust will fit.
I agree w/ Surfer or you could get an LS header paired w/ a hi flow cat and just cut the end off of the b-pipe flange to the lenght to fit your ls and eliminate the bottleneck that most exhaust have at the b-pipe flange. Get your exhaust for a sweet price and free up some flow.....kill two birds w/ one stone.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, since i want the low end and mid range power, i thought the ls headers were better because they were longer. Thanks for all the info, i was pretty sure that the catback could be cut to fit, but wasn't positive if it would all work out.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
one more question, would there be any problem with putting gsr header compared with an ls header. Would this lose the low end and mid power b/c of the shorter gsr header?

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
if the exhaust is for a 2000-2001 GSR you'll be ok. The 2000-2001 GSR exhaust system is identical to the 1994-2001 LS exhaust system in length. However, if it's for a 1994-1999 GSR, the exhaust will be 2 in. too long for the LS.

BTW I must have answered this a million times already and posted it up on Superhonda, Hondavision, Honda-Tech, Interga-TypeR.com, Honda-Acura.net, Club Si, etc. and of course here over the years....it must be in the search function at all these websites...and yet here we are: another person who refuses to use a search function and wants a free handout without any effort...sorry if I sound pissed but being repetitious is boring to everyone here (not just me).

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I read your articles about it, and many posts about it, but since im no expert i wanted someone to agree with what i was thinking. thanks anyways

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
please understand that I have nothing against you personally. But when I see something like this where we've answered it already so many times that it hurts, I can't help but add an editorial about chat board etiquette. It was rude of me to lay down the smack but we really have to try and use the resources we have here smartly. The search function is very powerful tool. It gets you answers without you having to post...plus knowing how to search for info is a good skill to learn rather than relying on other people.

I also realize you are looking for confirmation of a fact that you weren't sure of but I really hope people use the search functions moreso now.

You know when I'm not sure of info, I do a search. Everywhere. I'll give an example: about 6mo. ago a friend of mine said to me that he heard S2000 injectors would work well in my engine package and flowed more than my current 310 and 270 injectors but he wasn't sure if it would fit and he didn't know the exact flow rate.

So I jumped on several Honda boards and searched their database entering S2000 and injectors...I didn't find anything. Then, I posted the question. To my surprise, even the "gurus" that I depend on didn't even know the flow rate or whether they would fit. But they did see that I had made the effort to search first and exhausted all possible sources of info on their board. one of them PM'd me and gave me a hookup to an expert at RC Engineering and they sent me all the specs I needed.

My point is : people will tend to make the effort to help you more if they see that you made the effort to try to find the info on your own first. Panhandling for an answer on a chatboard without doing a search will only get you the equivalent to pennies in terms of info you get back in replies, if you don't make the effort first. You have to help yourself first...then if you can't get the info or need a more detailed explanation, then post...

This is only my suggestion...you can take it or leave it but over the years I found that you usually get more detailed correct answers with less BS guesses for replies if you do it that way.

·
Registered
251 Posts
after doing some research i want to make sure that i am correct on one thing, will a 2000 gs-r exhaust fit a 1995 gs-r? from what i have seen i dont think so, but im a little confused and want to clarify this, thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
urdaddy on Jul/15/03 said:
after doing some research i want to make sure that i am correct on one thing, will a 2000 gs-r exhaust fit a 1995 gs-r? from what i have seen i dont think so, but im a little confused and want to clarify this, thanks in advance guys.
NO Re-read MD's post.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts

This shows the differences in exhaust length among G3 tegs. It is the 104th time this picture has been posted on this site.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
no it's not...

it's 1004th time..and I'm not joking...

obviously the general rule is an 00-01 GSR exhaust or ITR exhaust (stock or aftermarket) will fit any LS.

sometimes you have to connect the dots for some people and actually say it slowly and loud and many times and eventually it sinks in because the picture may be too complicated and difficult to understand or make conclusions on your own.

...sometimes....maybe

you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts