aem cam gears
rsr axle back exhaust
CAI intake
Type R clutch
Typer R flywheel
16" adr spider wheels on street tires
my times were 16.1,16.2, 16.1
Well first of all i ran at bristol motorspeedway in VA
and the track sucks i red lighted twice because I actually rolled back just a bit! The end of the track is 6 inches higher than the start. Well anyway everybody seems to have cruddy times at his track.
Here is my best time slip...
R/T 1.206
60' 2.62
330 7.03
1/8 10.556
mph 68.82
1000 13.582
1/4 16.127
mph 88.75
If i could get my 60' time down to 2.3 to 2.5 how do you think my time would change?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
O yeah one more thing... I raced my friend in his 6cyl probe and ate him by about 2-3 cars and he ran a 15.9 at the same track.. I also raced my friends 97 vtec prelude and beat him by about a car legnth and he ran a 16.1 and the track too

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Hey that's cool, if everyone has crappy times you know it's the track and not your car. I was dissapointed when I first went to my local track until I watched everyone else get even worse times than me. Sometimes you get a good track and other times you don't. Is that track high in elevation? You'll be in 15's easy with better 60' times. It's all about that launch, a 2.2-2.3 is a decent 60' time for street tires.

·
Registered
259 Posts
yesterday at another crappy track here in so. cal..at lacr, my friend ran a best of 16.1 in his i/h/e prelude and my other friend w/ a si w/ cai ran a best of 16.8...the track just sucks though. It was also like 86 degrees at 9pm and the elevation is like at 2000+ft..

·
Registered
9 Posts
I dont understand why some gsr's run 15's and others run 16's because my brother in law ran 15.5 with his 2000 gsr and the only mods where AEM cold air intake and magnecore plug wires. Did you spin your tires when launching ? If you get a better r/t your time would be better.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
r/t doesn't factor into the 1/4 mile time. The time starts counting when you start moving.

There are several different reasons why some GSR's get 16s, and others get low 15s. Elevation is one reason, the high you are from sea level, the thinner the air and the slower you go.

Driving ability is another, not everyone can get 2.2 60' times.

Finally track quality can make a huge difference. Which sounds like the case stated above.

·
Registered
187 Posts
It will take you a good while to learn how to drag race your car and get the best times out of it. It's taken me a year to get down to where I am now and knocking out 2.2 60's consistently. I tell people how I've done and they just say bullsh*t, but they dont realize how long I've been trying to get there. Trying different launching and shifting techniques. Different things under the hood and such. Its all pretty much trial and error. I'll show you the difference. First time at the track ever - 16.5 Last time at the track ever stock - 15.1.

This is my setup down to the last thing. AEM CAI, muffler removed, PS belt removed, dual stage actuator vacuum hose removed and plugged with golf tee, 205 55 15 Toyo Proxes set to 20 psi in the front and 45 psi in the back, holding revs at 5200 rpm and dumping the clutch. I'm getting mid 14's consistently now. Feel free to try this setup. It may work for you, it may not. Whatever works. Lata.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
dual stage actuator vacuum hose removed and plugged with golf tee
Isn't that for the secondary intake runners? If not, what is it for? Never herd of anyone doing that mod before.

Great work on your drag skills btw :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Integraholic, Im sure when you dump the clutch at 5200 you start to spin, so do you ease off the gas untill you gain traction and once traction is gained nail it?

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Integraholic,
Why did you remove the dual stage actuator vacuum hose? I would think that would just slow you down especially since your car is not seriously modded. Did you do runs comparing times with and without it?

StyleTEG,
Yes, he's talking about the secondary runners. Honda calls it IAB - Intake Air Bypass.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Its hard to get the times you expect out of your teg. I ran a couple weeks ago and only got a 15.69. Got slower as the day went on and the temp was 103 humid degrees with 35 mph headwind. 16.0 and 16.1 was a consistent time after that. Crappy worn out falken ziex tires and bad launching on my part also contributed to bad times. I cant wait to run again and hopefully hit 15.5 and lower.

Ive never heard of removing the vacuum hose. Whats the scoop with that?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yeah, when I dump at that rpm, I usually feather the gas pedal staying at about 6500 to 7k rpm until I gain traction. I did it all day yesterday and the day before and got nothing but 2.2 60 foot times at the hottest part of the day.

I disconnect the Dual Stage Actuator hose because I read somewhere that it lowers a little low end torque, but raises the high end HP. I usually disconnect the fuel pres regulator hose and plug it too, but I've recently acquired a VAFC, so no more doin that. All I can say is try it, what have you got to lose?

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Disconnecting the vacuum hose to the regulator will only richen things up under light load not under drag strip conditions. The IAB opens up at 5750 RPM so it probably won't make any difference either since you probably don't go below 5750 except perhaps to launch. If you launch under 5750 you could possibly hook up more quickly due to the reduced torque, but this advantage might be cancelled out due to the increased time to pull to 5750.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts