Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1)What do you guys think about 5zigen exhaust? are they a worthy company? so far i've heard nothing but good things about 5zigen, and i like the fireball cat-back system. And
2)What do you think about intake bypass valves? i hear that they take away a few hoarses. is this true? are they worth it? i don't want ANY water in my engine; i've busted my balls for this car and want it flawless. i do intend on getting an AEM CAI.
Thoughts, Comments, Pro's and Con's, please. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Do a search on the bypass valve, first of all. That is a touchy topic, hehe.

And my friend has a 5zigen exhaust on his Civic Si and it sounds pretty sweet.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Voltaire - Well bro, that by-pass valve is gonna have to be your call. If you've been living here in the area for any length of time, then you should know how much water we can get. If you are worried about it, get the valve. (But, don't forget that you'll have to chop up that pretty new intake to install it.)

I have two vehicles, the GSR and a truck. If the weather is inclement, I just drive the truck. It sets up higher, and it doesn't have any type of cold air intake installed for me to worry about. Perhaps you don't have the option to just take your other vehicle, I don't know?

I didn't install, the by-pass valve because I feel that I will use what little bit of common sense the BIG MAN Upstairs gave me when and if I have to take the GSR out in the rain. (BTW, I have driven her in pouring rain without incident.) As long as you don't drive into anything over about 5 inches deep, if you're at stock ride height on a 3rd gen, you should be ok.

Just remember, it's a Teg, not a submarine (I don't care if it is yellow!)

(Let's see if anyone catches the Beatles reference
)

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
"We all live in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine"

but Kordaek has an SMSP exhaust and its based on the 5Zigen design. sounds good!

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Ok... you want to use a Cold Air Intake because it gives you a couple more horses than a Short Ram Intake. But then you want to put on the bypass valve that is going to make you lose power.

When you take into account the only time you actually have more power with a CAI is with the AEM hump, with the CAI and bypass valve, you are going to have less power than a Short Ram Intake which would have costed you less and even sounded better in my and many other's opinions. Look at the real hardcore racers... what are they using? S R I.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts