Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
43,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm as much a Honda/Acura fanboy as anyone, but the crappy quality of the OEM radiator really ticks me off....Just yesterday i was sitting and traffic and all of a sudden started to smell the dreaded "syrup" smell, sure enough I get home and pop the hood to see this

There was splattered dried coolant on the valve cover and upper strut bar as well, but i had wiped them off before i took the pic

What i do not understand is why there is no visible indication of a leak/breach in the form of coolant/water on the ground under my car... (this is my question, shouldn't there be?)

Anyways, ordered a new radiator today and should be getting it tomorrow ($129 shipped from radiators.com), i sure in heck hope that this is all that's wrong... i haven't had the car long enough to want to deal with problems already

Hopefully my experience with this can make a good addition to our pretty comprehensive 9 page coolant probs topic)

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
brown top radiators. pop a hood on a teg, i see brown, i say better get a radiator soon

·
Administrator
43,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AcuraRider14 on Jan/26/06 said:
brown top radiators. pop a hood on a teg, i see brown, i say better get a radiator soon
lol.. "What should i do to my teg?"

Not "lower it", "get new rims", not "paint it", the answer should always be "replace that piece of ____ stock radiator!"

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
MorningZ on Jan/26/06 said:
What i do not understand is why there is no visible indication of a leak/breach in the form of coolant/water on the ground under my car... (this is my question, shouldn't there be?)

Wait until tomorrow. There will probably be coolant on the ground.

Mine hairline cracked like that the very night I was changing my alternator. I was reeeaaalllyy happy to smell the coolant that night, let me tell you.

Do you have any idea how expensive honda coolant is? **** man.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Cost me $13 per. I just bought some today. The OEM "replacements" will not last long. I'd say MAYBE 2 years. I just put another aftermarket/oem replacement radiator in today. I didn't feel like paying $400 for a Koyo. I would much rather buy an OEM radiator. My last rad was the all metal one from radiatorbarn. The corner seam(on top) split.

·
Registered
416 Posts
No, where the tank seals (brown area) starts leaking when everything heated up in my car. JB weld held it for a bit until I got my new rad. I just got a "high performance" replacement from my local automotive store with a different tank design.

·
Registered
246 Posts
i had that happen on my teg it was in the summer i just ran water in it untill i got my new radiator that way i didnt have coolent all over my engine bay and since your in florida i would say that might be an option you could consider

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Yup...my oem radiator blew at 50,000 miles. I was shocked to see it blown so quick. I didnt notice anything until my Temp gauge was all the way to HOT! The next morning i looked and right were the seam was there was a crack about 2 inches.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.