Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i repainted my Valve Cover yesterday and it came out really Nice!(ill post pics in a min) ANd i put it all back together and what not...and then i took it out for like a hour and came back and pop the hood and realized that i forgot to put the ground wire underneath the screw on the VC.....does this harm performance?

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
The reason for the grounding wire is becaus the cover ( if installed correctly) is not touching any grounded metal. you have a rubber gasket on the bottom, and over the cams, plastic washers for the hold down bolts, and a rubber hose for the breather pipe. will anything bad happen... probably not. should you hook it up, yes, those engineers did it for a reason.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My mate who works in the service department of a honda dealership told me that it allows it to idle smoother, this info seems to be consistant with what others are saying when they do grounding upgrades. I have upgraded my head ground and the negative terminal ground and exprienced reduced engine / alternator whine (through stereo - main reason for doing the mod) and my instrument cluster is brighter & interior lights etc. Next I am making a lead for my tranny to the chasiss with left over cable from my audio setup.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
In Reply To:
24 looks but no replies.......?? SOMEONE~~  

dont bump

if 300 people looked an no one knows the answer or feels like responding...too bad...dont bump....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts